I was asked by a friend today to commit a crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
So these wildfires here evacuated an entire city and the government is giving $1250 to the evacuees via the Red Cross. Most of the evacuees came to Edmonton for shelter and the Red Cross has set up areas where the evacuees can pick up their money

And all these people who are not even from the evacuated city are trying to cash in, forging documents to get their $1250. I think that's a little over $1000 US.

:mindblown:

Would any one of you do this? It's just $1000. Why go through the trouble and the possibility of even getting caught? If it was $10K I would understand.

They do work. And make money. That's the strange thing. What is $1000 these days? It's almost enough for plane ticket to Europe

:draketf:

Hubble

VIP
I wouldn't talk to him any more. he's probably forged other things. $1000 won't serve his needs for even two weeks so he must have other scams going on.

So these wildfires here evacuated an entire city and the government is giving $1250 to the evacuees via the Red Cross. Most of the evacuees came to Edmonton for shelter and the Red Cross has set up areas where the evacuees can pick up their money

And all these people who are not even from the evacuated city are trying to cash in, forging documents to get their $1250. I think that's a little over $1000 US.

:mindblown:

Would any one of you do this? It's just $1000. Why go through the trouble and the possibility of even getting caught? If it was $10K I would understand.
first of all the they will ask for your driver licence and your mailing address to make sure that you lived in that area. Even in fires all info are saved on system. Canadian government is tough on schemers. The sad thing is that many who live in that area but have different mailing address would not receive the money.

My driver's license still has Fort McMurray as my residence since I didn't bother to change it for two years. I am actually eligible for this $1250.

I hid my driver's license from my friend to save my self from the headache of begging.

Honestly even when people make reasonable or good money they still want to scam the system.

Hubble

VIP
My driver's license still has Fort McMurray as my residence since I didn't bother to change it. I am actually eligible for this $1250.

I hid my driver's license from my friend to save my self from the headache of begging.

I thought that it's only for people who were evacuated. What begging? From him?

Apollo

VIP
Honestly even when people make reasonable or good money they still want to scam the system.

That's human nature. This is why all those CEO's get caught committing massive frauds from time to time even though they are already rich as f*ck. Greed of people has no limits.

Hubble

VIP
Yes. People go crazy when they see money. He makes a good living and lives alone and still wants to do this.

Honestly kun doolar is only worth something in Somalia where the most expensive item on sale is $80 - $100 and food for the whole family is $50 a month. Unlike the West where you feel like you got scammed when you check your account because you have no money and nothing to show for it.

Honestly kun doolar is only worth something in Somalia where the most expensive item on sale is $80 - $100 and food for the whole family is $50 a month. Unlike the West where you feel like you got scammed when you check your account because you have no money and nothing to show for it.

You're right. Taxes are too high in the West but living costs are reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.