I understand why rich people evade taxes now. Taxes are crazy

1. I dislike welfare because it makes people lazy but a reminder that the people in your own community depend on it. Morality is a fundamental of Islam, for someone who claims to be religious, I suggest you look into it. You say that men are replaced as providers but tell me about the many men who aren't providers? You realize many don't contribute to their households or children at all especially within our own community? How are you going to deal with mothers and children that don't have men providing for them?

2. Ehhh I agree

3. Same as the welfare.

What's your alternative?
If there was no welfare state, men would think twice before leaving their kids.

Before these welfare programmes, a family unit expanded into an extended family and then into a village. In the scenario where a woman became a widow (since divorce was not as common), extended family would pool something together and pay remittance. For those without family, the masjid's were allocated the role of providing through Zakat and sadaqah.

Now it seems the government is the big daddy suited to correcting societal ills, which I disagree with for the reasons I mentioned above.

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
Am I the only one who has no issues with taxes? Yes, they're costly but they go into educating children, helping people medically, building roads and infrastructure, stable governments, and so much more.
Lol no they don’t.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You think the likes of Amazon, Google and all these tech companies contribute? Most pay $0 in federal taxes. These policies overwhelmingly target middle income earning folks.
There’s an argument that there’s a benefit not taxing large corporations they employ a great number of people. They need to be incentivized to take on more people.

There’s an argument that there’s a benefit not taxing large corporations they employ a great number of people. They need to be incentivized to take on more people.
I think thats a very noble argument, but it all comes down to the bottom line. Amazon workers get paid pennies. At least if they were paid a livable wage, then one can justify why Amazon pays so little in taxes.