I tried dropshipping

Last year, I got into dropshipping like how most do, through YouTube. Got a random dropshipping video recommended to me and it really drew me in.

That video didn't make me want to go through with dropshipping just yet, but it did spark something in me. So i did some more research and watched many videos.

And after about a week of research, i decided it was time to finally make an account and start selling this shit to gullible people on Facebook.

At first, i tried to capitalized on the untapped "Somali niche," but i soon realized that was a bad idea. Somalis simply won't buy your shit and if they do, the shipping fees alone would break your profit margin.

After my first store failed for the mentioned reasons, i turned to more profitable niches like the workout equipment niche. I had some success with this niche, even managing to sell a couple of units but ultimately failing to make a profit after all of the expenses.

I was really lacking in knowledge of key components of being successful in dropshipping. I was learning as I go and this has the inevitable effect of leading to many mistakes along the way. I lost alot of money in poorly optimized ads and paying for unneccessary things. :yloezpe:

Honestly, it all just comes down to ads and how well you can turn people into impulse buyers. If you know your way around Facebook ads and nothing else you will be successful in dropshipping.

I had to quit because of school, but In the end, I mad around $65 dropshipping and lost around $150 in ads in the span of 2 months. I learned alot and when I eventually do it again, i know I'll more than break even.

If you ever want to do it, just know it is not a scam and it all comes down to ads. Don't pay for any courses tho, those are scams:9uoofqd:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You are smart for realizing Somali niches are unprofitable. I see many people selling Somali themed clothing and accessories and I always wonder who would be willing to pay for a shirt with 252 written across the back.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I was also interested in it too. Learned a bit about it on Reddit. I didn’t get into it because you have to put the time in if you wanna be serious about your business. I wasn’t ready to commit to it.

At least you got $65 out of it. I’ve read so many stories about people taking a break from it due to work or school and they did better the second time cause they learned about the mistakes they made the first time. You’re right ads are important that’s why you have to learn about the ads part before you get into it. If you’re not spending money on ads it’ll be hard for you to make profit.

I was also interested in it too. Learned a bit about it on Reddit. I didn’t get into it because you have to put the time in if you wanna be serious about your business. I wasn’t ready to commit to it.

At least you got $65 out of it. I’ve read so many stories about people taking a break from it due to work or school and they did better the second time cause they learned about the mistakes they made the first time. You’re right ads are important that’s why you have to learn about the ads part before you get into it. If you’re not spending money on ads it’ll be hard for you to make profit.
Exactly! Your biggest expenses will be adds with website maintenance being only $29.99 a month and $14 for the domain.

And adds are really a trial and error thing. As you learn and narrow down your audience, you'll see exponential growth. Tbh that $65 was only made towards the end of the two months of my dropshipping. I had figure out the most optimal ad creative by now, and i had a better grasp of my target audience. With a little more time, money, and experimenting, I would have certainly scaled to atleast a couple grands by the next month.

Even as a past time, i recommend it :mjpls:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Exactly! Your biggest expenses will be adds with website maintenance being only $29.99 a month and $14 for the domain.

And adds are really a trial and error thing. As you learn and narrow down your audience, you'll see exponential growth. Tbh that $65 was only made towards the end of the two months of my dropshipping. I had figure out the most optimal ad creative by now, and i had a better grasp of my target audience. With a little more time, money, and experimenting, I would have certainly scaled to atleast a couple grands by the next month.

Right on. I’m still a student of drop shipping. Once I gather more info learn about the ups and downs I’ll dive into the game. :damnmusic:

Business is never easy lol you make some money and you lose some money. As long as you’re patient you’ll enjoy your fruits in the end.

Btw did you use Ali Express?

C-Town

#CT1
i got some free for you guys paid dutch dropshipping courses if your intrested @ me alot of paid ones total of 21 GB

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Last year, I got into dropshipping like how most do, through YouTube. Got a random dropshipping video recommended to me and it really drew me in.

That video didn't make me want to go through with dropshipping just yet, but it did spark something in me. So i did some more research and watched many videos.

And after about a week of research, i decided it was time to finally make an account and start selling this shit to gullible people on Facebook.

At first, i tried to capitalized on the untapped "Somali niche," but i soon realized that was a bad idea. Somalis simply won't buy your shit and if they do, the shipping fees alone would break your profit margin.

After my first store failed for the mentioned reasons, i turned to more profitable niches like the workout equipment niche. I had some success with this niche, even managing to sell a couple of units but ultimately failing to make a profit after all of the expenses.

I was really lacking in knowledge of key components of being successful in dropshipping. I was learning as I go and this has the inevitable effect of leading to many mistakes along the way. I lost alot of money in poorly optimized ads and paying for unneccessary things. :yloezpe:

Honestly, it all just comes down to ads and how well you can turn people into impulse buyers. If you know your way around Facebook ads and nothing else you will be successful in dropshipping.

I had to quit because of school, but In the end, I mad around $65 dropshipping and lost around $150 in ads in the span of 2 months. I learned alot and when I eventually do it again, i know I'll more than break even.

If you ever want to do it, just know it is not a scam and it all comes down to ads. Don't pay for any courses tho, those are scams:9uoofqd:
Drop shipping is haram you can not sell Goods that you do not have in your possession.

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.

Im interested in starting this drop shipping thing. How did you start?

Cartman

reformed
I tried drop shipping but my I got busted and they shut me down. Apparently I was doing something illegal idk. I was mad I made money and couldn’t get it out.

Everybody I know tried shopify dropshipping in 2019. Shitty business model, amazon is much better but takes more work and capital unfortunately