i thought Somali had a lot of words for camel

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Arabic is the richest language in the world, mostly because of all the localized versions of Arabic. Maghrebis, Shamis, Masris etc all probably had local names for camels that got absorbed into the language when they got Arabized.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Arabic is the richest language in the world, mostly because of all the localized versions of Arabic. Maghrebis, Shamis, Masris etc all probably had local names for camels that got absorbed into the language when they got Arabized.
That is not true. Plus Arabs inhabited Masr and Shām. Maybe academically they contributed, but not when comes to herding camels. Even Somalis who are fond of camels have 46 words what makes you think the Bedouin Arabs of the Arabian Island could not have more words for camel?

Thats the reason why Quran in Arabic is miracle..the language is big ..i was born and raised in Arab country and i learn new word every day...
These are synonyms for world love
مرادفات كلمة حُبّ (اسم):
  • إخلاص , إعْزَاز , إِخاء , تَتَيُّم , تَعَشُّق , تَعَلُّق , تَلَطُّف , تَوَلُّه , جَوًى , شَغَف , شَغَفٌ , صَبابَة , صَبَابَة , صَبْو , صَبْوَة , عِشْق , غَرَام , كَلَف , لاعج , لَوْعَة , مَحَبَّة , مَعَزَّة , مَوَدَّة , مَيْل , مُصَافَاة , هَوًى , هَوَىً , هُيام , هُيَام , هِيَام , وَجْد , وَداد , وَلَع , وَلَه , وُدّ , وُلُوع , وِداد , وِدَاد , وِدّ

somali- 46 words for camels, but all modern words are either arabic or english. Somali is a language thats stuck in the past. Even the ancient languages of Arabic and Hebrew have up to date vocabulary

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
That is not true. Plus Arabs inhabited Masr and Shām. Maybe academically they contributed, but not when comes to herding camels. Even Somalis who are fond of camels have 46 words what makes you think the Bedouin Arabs of the Arabian Island could not have more words for camel?

It is true. North Africans especially have been using camels for ages, long before the Islamic conquest, in the trans Saharan trade. It is inevitable that some of their vocabulary for camels was absorbed by Arabic. If you study Arabic as a language it is amazing how many words have cognates your pre-Islamic languages in the region. For example Levantine dialect of Arabic uses variations of the word “Ba’al” to describe farming using irrigation which harkens back to the Canaanite god who among other things was the lord of rain and fertility of soil.

Trending

Latest posts