I think Somali parents today don't care about what clan their children marries from

It would be dumb for a diasporan to limit their options to a minority already within another minority (Somalis in the diaspora). Plus, we’re all genetically the same anyway so.... :kanyeshrug:
Nahh babe, what happened to fkd hibaaq

I would say most somali parents in the west are lax towards what qabiil their kids marry from except for marginalized qabiils like madhiban and tumaal.

There's the odd ones out that make a fuss, but they tend to be significantly more traditional. Kind of a shame too, because those Somalis tend to come from better homes. Some backwardness just needs to be left behind.

Most Somali parents aren't too picky for better or worse.

Hmm, from my experience its the opposite. Their parents care so much about qabil they would be okay if they daughters married a bum from their own qabil, compared to an educated Somali from another. They are from my experience the jahil types.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
My mum was very strict in which clan he is for example he has to be isaaq, but now that im 26 turning 27 in 4 months she doesnt care about qabil anymore and if im still not married by 35 than she gave me permission to marry anyone.

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
Hmm, from my experience its the opposite. Their parents care so much about qabil they would be okay if they daughters married a bum from their own qabil, compared to an educated Somali from another. They are from my experience the jahil types.

Is this back home or in the West? Different rule set back home. From my experience most Somali parents in the west that feel strongly about clan beyond minor prejudices are also proactive. It is jahilnimo. Most Somali families are not involved at all and usually don't care what who brings home.