I think Somali parents today don't care about what clan their children marries from

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
I just heard of a guy I grew up with who is marrying a young woman from an outcast clan. His mother was a very prideful mean woman 5-10 years ago. He told me no one in the family objected and everyone is happy about it and likes her and she is on her diin. Mashallah. I told him to be more religious

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
Erm yeah they sure as hell don’t care who a guy marries, the children carry his qabil not hers. it’s the girl they make a fuss about.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Erm yeah they sure as hell don’t care who a guy marries, the children carry his qabil not hers. it’s the girl they make a fuss about.

It was a problem when a guy did it before.

So you are saying if the genders were reversed, most families would have a problem?

Viscount

I got real connections
I won't lie I don't care about a woman's tribe as long as she got cake, good personality, and most importantly an attractive face I'm fine with that.

Funny story : my friends mom told her to specifically not bring a certain clan home , and her daughter said she’ll be lucky if she brings a Somali man home 💀

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
And what is this supposed to be ?

Why can you not congratulate the gentleman for who he chooses to be with.

Are you not seeing this is totally uncalled for , why rush to such conclusions, this is not only disgraceful but also unimaginative , instead of being happy like any noble friend would have done , doing the exact opposite isn't helping any matters at all , what do you gain from ranting out his choices and preferences.

The world is far too big for trivial matters such as qabiil , in retrospect it's pointless and pathetic to carry on gravitating towards tracing lineages hundreds years , to the point where we let these cancerous toxins play out dangerously in a fragile society especially when you can foresee the damage it caused us in plain view and here we are once again never learning from our mistakes neither once considering thr acknowledgement of the darkest chapters that played in our lives during the vicious civil war , yet again we hold grudges , sentiments and resentment to the fact that our own biases and emotions overwhelms us .
This is getting too fucking overly saturated , every living being should be contended with their lives and never settle down for less , this whole thing of hailing from a larger clans/ smaller clans is not only deceptive but illogical if we're to spectate in the shoes of an outsider , it is why we are so easily mislead and prone to be vulnerable from divide and conquer tactics , our nemesis see our weaknesses and spectate like a ranger would spectate wild beasts devouring each other in a national safari park.
We let this habit to fester , we enabled our prejudices onto the surface that very same negative conceptions stored at the back of our minds to dictate our every aspect of life , I mean is this even a cause of worthy to display such devotion to unresourceful entities when the world around us is developing and prospering at a rapid pace securing it's destiny in the near future.
Meanwhile there are still Somalis that will cling on to that medieval concept like a infant suckling on their mother's breast , which are the various reasons why we lag behind on the world's Human Index scale,

We need to abolish such backwards narratives , to believe the derivement of hebel hebel is noble , I beg to differ , since it's a terrible notion our forefathers carried and it's their sons and daughters they are paying their lives dearly.
Qabiil is beneath a ciggerates butt , get triggered or let your brains ovetheat .

Qabiil ana waso.

It would be dumb for a diasporan to limit their options to a minority already within another minority (Somalis in the diaspora). Plus, we’re all genetically the same anyway so.... :kanyeshrug:

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
It would be dumb for a diasporan to limit their options to a minority already within another minority (Somalis in the diaspora). Plus, we’re all genetically the same anyway so.... :kanyeshrug:

GREAT NEWS HIBAQ ,, I HAVE AN ADEER FROM THE LOCAL MAQAAYAD THATS LOOKIN FOR A 3RD WIFE.. YOU INTERESTED? :damnmusic:

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
There's the odd ones out that make a fuss, but they tend to be significantly more traditional. Kind of a shame too, because those Somalis tend to come from better homes. Some backwardness just needs to be left behind.

Most Somali parents aren't too picky for better or worse.

It’s only hawiye/isaaq/darod/dir that are universally accepted. I highly doubt parents would be fine with you marrying a 0.5er.

Trending