I spoke with my ayeeyo in Somalia today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is basically a summary of the conversation I had with my grandmother(from dad's side). So my ayeeyo called us from xamar today. I've missed her. Her voice is so unique, as soon as I heard it the memories washed over me. I haven't seen her in a decade. She's getting old now, to be realistic it's not far reached that she'll be going soon. I want to see her as soon as possible. I told her we'll be visiting in 7 months, she was happy about that. I was worried about the security in Xamar so I asked her how the situation is, will we be targeted because we're from the west? She said she'll be lying if she told me xamar was safe in any capacity. She told me how alshapap was under every rock. Then my abtii sitting next to her told her to stop speaking about them, someone might over hear. She told me that a cousin of mine is getting buried tomorrow, he was shot in the back of the head. But she said that we should still come because if it's not our time, nothing will happen to us. She made dua for me over the phone, she said such nice precious things I got tearyeyed. She made beautiful duas abou how she wishes for my ever lasting happiness on earth and hereafter, how allah may grant me all my wishes, for safety and security, health and wealth. I felt guilty then, extremely guilty as she was making dua to allah for me.My Poor ayeeyo didn't know She was speaking to a kafir. I don't know how I feel, I feel extreme quilt like I wanna cry, like I've wronged her. My feeling are all in a mess right now.

This is basically a summary of the conversation I had with my grandmother(from dad's side). So my ayeeyo called us from xamar today. I've missed her. Her voice is so unique, as soon as I heard it the memories washed over me. I haven't seen her in a decade. She's getting old now, to be realistic it's not far reached that she'll be going soon. I want to see her as soon as possible. I told her we'll be visiting in 7 months, she was happy about that. I was worried about the security in Xamar so I asked her how the situation is, will we be targeted because we're from the west? She said she'll be lying if she told me xamar was safe in any capacity. She told me how alshapap was under every rock. Then my abtii sitting next to her told her to stop speaking about them, someone might over hear. She told me that a cousin of mine is getting buried tomorrow, he was shot in the back of the head. But she said that we should still come because if it's not our time, nothing will happen to us. She made dua for me over the phone, she said such nice precious things I got tearyeyed. She made beautiful duas abou how she wishes for my ever lasting happiness on earth and hereafter, how allah may grant me all my wishes, for safety and security, health and wealth. I felt guilty then, extremely guilty as she was making dua to allah for me.My Poor ayeeyo didn't know She was speaking to a kafir. I don't know how I feel, I feel extreme quilt like I wanna cry, like I've wronged her. My feeling are all in a mess right now.
You can't change what you believe in. Isn't it Allah's will that you are a gaal. Just accept the warm prayers.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
She means well and you have no reason to feel guilty. Her well wishes aren't "wasted" because you're not religious. If my dad says "kheyr Allah hakusiiyo", I take it as "thanks" or some other good gesture. I dont feel bad that he doesn't know Allah won't give me kheyre because he doesn't exist.

Definitely visit your ayeeyo while you can. My biggest regret in life was not visiting my paternal grandmother while she was alive. She helped raised me and my siblings when we were young. I really wanted to visit her when she was ill, but I couldn't cross the US border because I was 15 at the time and my family were living in Africa. She passed away before my 16 birthday AUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending