I ordered a burger in Somaliland….

Wtf is this? 💀

1713655672890.jpeg

@Dibleyy
I see what looks like fried chicken and buns
🤔
hmmm. A burger should have more than just a chicken patty. It should include salad, sauce, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, banana peppers and one large well fried chicken patty.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I don’t understand people who go back home and eat fast food. Poorly made fast food at that.

Eat the local food which is far more nutritious and organic.

I didn’t eat the chicken or whatever was masquerading as shawarma over there.

I had the staple foods. Hilib suqaar, hilib geel, hilib ari, canjeelo, killi, bariis, maraq iyo muufo, lots of kaluun etc and all home made. I also enjoyed freshly squeezed juice and caano geel of course.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
I don’t understand people who go back home and eat fast food. Poorly made fast food at that.

Eat the local food which is far more nutritious and organic.

I didn’t eat the chicken or whatever was masquerading as shawarma over there.

I had the staple foods. Hilib suqaar, hilib geel, hilib ari, canjeelo, killi, bariis, maraq iyo muufo, lots of kaluun etc and all home made. I also enjoyed freshly squeezed juice and caano geel of course.

Local restaurants in Somalia don't season the food enough or their food turns overseasoned or salty.

I prefer eating from local Somali eedos that cook by the street

Walahi it’s a lot better, It’s difficult to communicate with the locals but they seem to give more grace to diasporans. I’m actually enjoying my time here.
I’m glad to hear that,raaxayso and enjoy your homeland walaal macaan.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
Local restaurants in Somalia don't season the food enough or their food turns overseasoned or salty.

I prefer eating from local Somali eedos that cook by the street
I actually didn’t eat at restaurants because I was paranoid about getting sick. I only ate at martiqaads from trusted eedos/habos or at home.

I’m very strict with where and what I eat in general.

I heard the street vendors are better but I didn’t try it.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
I actually didn’t eat at restaurants because I was paranoid about getting sick. I only ate at martiqaads from trusted eedos/habos or at home.

I’m very strict with where and what I eat in general.

I heard the street vendors are better but I didn’t try it.
Martiqaad is the way to go about things in Somalia.

Looks like a Maka Al- Mukrahama “burger”. I was truly devastated when I had my first Hargeisian burger back in 2014, think I cried :snoop:

Where do they get chicken from in Somalia? Id be concerned if anyone offered me chicken in Somalia.
Idk tbh we have a huge slaughter house in Ogadenia that supply meat to UAE it’s where reer Jigjiga get their chicken and beef from. Me personally I wouldn’t go to any restaurant in any poor country I’d rather barbecue a baby antelope in the backyard of my house next to the pool wearing just my macawiis. It’s what I would prefer the most. I’ll do just that I.A when I decide to live in Jigjiga I’ll barbecue every Thursday and Friday.