I NEVER UNDERSTOOD how UK geeljires don’t have high rate of suicide considering the dreary weather

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
it’s cold and rainy majority of the year.

I’m the type that has mood swings alongside the weather. If it is rainy and cloudy I would most likely be sad but if it’s sunny my whole mood is upbeat.

So I wonder how these UK folks stay alive. I know they stab each other.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP

I’m the type that has mood swings alongside the weather. If it is rainy and cloudy I would most likely be sad but if it’s sunny my whole mood is upbeat.

@Grigori Rasputin why do I have a feeling you changed your name due to the amount of failed threads
I was rocking with your platinum name until you named yourself after a Greek midget drunkard

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP

Some damned country
One Min hot, other min pouring down
Every else I go has one weather, either Hot or Cold!

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Honestly it's kind of soothing after a while, I like the cold and rain. Especially when eating hot food.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Well I live in the U.K. and I’m on meds. I take lithium for my bipolar mood swings. I’m glad you don’t live in the U.K.

I’ll give you a few months before you are taken to Xamar to join “Dr Xabeeb” the madman himself.

If you had performed simple research on your Google search engine, you would have found the answer to your question.

Suicide rates in the United Kingdom jumped nearly 12 percent in 2018, the first rise since 2013 with a significant increase among men.

A total of 6,507 suicides were registered in the UK last year, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said, up from 5,821 in 2017 - an increase of 11.8 percent.

Three-quarters of the suicides (4,903) in 2018 were men, at a rate of 17.2 deaths per 100,000.''

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/09/uk-suicide-rates-surge-118-single-year-190903140500264.html

Alot of people in the UK are on antidepressants prescriptions.

NHS Digital figures show that the number of drugs issued - for conditions like depression and anxiety - went up from 67.5 million in 2017.

The total is almost double the number dispensed in 2008.

The figure includes all items issued by the NHS in England, except those given out in hospitals or on private prescriptions.

Figures published in Scotland last year showed a similar trend, with 6.6 million items

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47740396

It probably isn't due to the weather but other reasons.

Trending