I need help with Networking

Hello IT Guys/Girls on here.

Do you have a source of how to instructions of making:

- Small office/home network
- Connect Computer A, B and C
- Make A a host of software then B and C share that software

Let me know if you know the steps using Windows 10 or you have a video/Link of how to do the above.

I'll do it like this although there could be other methods.

1. You will need a network switch to connect all the devices to

2. The PC's will all need to be under the same subnet/ip configuration

3. Host software PC will need a mapped drive with the software installed on it, that mapped drive the properties can be edited on it to be shared through the network which they are all on.

^^ This is for local file sharing otherwise if its remote file sharing its a bit more complicated and involves configuring routers to access outside networks.

Search up

Mapped drives & IP/Subnets/Local&Remote hosts.

Last edited:

Royalflush

novacane
Hello IT Guys/Girls on here.

Do you have a source of how to instructions of making:

- Small office/home network
- Connect Computer A, B and C
- Make A a host of software then B and C share that software

Let me know if you know the steps using Windows 10 or you have a video/Link of how to do the above.
everything @Dawo said is true
for the host you can use active directory where you make the A the master and B and c slaves. search it up on yt
you can also use it to set a bunch of permissions for b and c
also make sure u have a good router to connect the network and prevent lag. i recommend cisco routers and switches.

everything @Dawo said is true
for the host you can use active directory where you make the A the master and B and c slaves. search it up on yt
you can also use it to set a bunch of permissions for b and c
also make sure u have a good router to connect the network and prevent lag. i recommend cisco routers and switches.

Yeah thats it another method is Active directory, its a bit complicated i struggle with active directory sometimes but once you know how to use powershell and GPOs you create a massive network and control all pcs from one domain controller.

@Dawo & @Royalflush Flash

Thanks Guys. I did take A+ like 12 years ago just for Resume reasons since my degree is technical and A+ is a must have to get a leg up in interviews. But then that was the last I looked at Network related topics and closed the book on that chapter once I passed the test in One try.

A friend of mind called me yesterday out of the blue asking for help setting up small net work. So i dropped the thread to gather needed info while I planned to do my own search later at night. Thanks guys for the feedback.

I plan to call him back today and ask him what he has for set up already so I know what he needs that is missing to achieve his goal of set up.

Most likely he will be using a wireless network set up for convenience where all his PCs are connected to one Wi-Fi router.

Thanks Guys. Best regards.