I need help with coming up with a Somali title of my manga.

My Somali is very beginner level and I trying to learn to say it more. I’m sorry if I’m getting the words wrong. I want the title of my story to be Furashada Kuwa Dhacay. The English title is Redemption of the Fallen Ones. What’s a good site for speaking Somali ? I do watch Sam of Somalia. I’m going order a Rosetta stone to help. But what would be a good title in Somali. Also, did Somalis ever have their own written language? Tuaregs do, So is there any other Africans with their own written language. Please and thank you

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Its good that you're trying to learn Somali. Are you Somali? My suggestion for a name would be Abaha cun which means Path of Redemption and Waxaan Ahay Wasaqad which means Blue Light Key

Its good that you're trying to learn Somali. Are you Somali? My suggestion for a name would be Abaha cun which means Path of Redemption and Waxaan Ahay Wasaqad which means Blue Light Key
Partially, through my father’s side. They came over during the 1940s from the area that was known as British Somaliland, which around that time Mario and Luigi were taking over. Lol. I like Abaha cun.

Exodus

Alienist
Yeah, that’s why I like to talk with people that speak the language fluently. Is the Rosetta stone a good option or no ?
Honestly, I don't think anyone on this forum can actually speak Somali at 100% fluency barring 1 or 2 people. Rosetta stone does not have a Somali course and in general, is not a good way to learn languages.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LearnSomali/, they have some resources to get you started.

My Somali is very beginner level and I trying to learn to say it more. I’m sorry if I’m getting the words wrong. I want the title of my story to be Furashada Kuwa Dhacay. The English title is Redemption of the Fallen Ones. What’s a good site for speaking Somali ? I do watch Sam of Somalia. I’m going order a Rosetta stone to help. But what would be a good title in Somali. Also, did Somalis ever have their own written language? Tuaregs do, So is there any other Africans with their own written language. Please and thank you

Badbaadada Dhalintii Habowday.

This is as close as I can get.

Badbaadada Dhalintii Habowday.

This is as close as I can get.
What’s a good word for someone who lost in morals looking for redemption A wayward soul. The story centers around dhaqan celis, reconnection with God, and using nationalism that better oneself. Sharaf plays a large role as well.

What’s a good word for someone who lost in morals looking for redemption A wayward soul. The story centers around dhaqan celis, reconnection with God, and using nationalism that better oneself. Sharaf plays a large role as well.

Habaabay or lumay would be used to describe someone who’s lost.

Not sure about what the translation for a wayward person would be, how about "caasi"? It contains the rebellious and disobedient nature associated with waywardness. Most of us know of its use in relation to children disobeying their parents and in terms of religion, so maybe someone else can tell if it would be applicable.
caasi m. n., coll., (adj.): non-practicing member of a religion; rebel; person who does not obey ~ is not good to his parents; unfilial
Maybe another word would be faasiq, which again is used in a religious context.
faasiq m. n. heretic, wayward sinner
Use the afmaal dictionary it is usually more accurate than google translate, you can check it out here

My advice is to try a shorter title and use "redemption of the fallen ones" as a subtitle. I would probably even keep the subtitle in English.

@Céleste Lol, my Somali is mediocre at best. I rely entirely on dictionaries for advanced words.:mjdontkno:
But thanks for the compliment and the mention, walaal :westbrookswag:

Good luck with your manga! I would love to read it.
Agreed, @Kurolady08 keep us updated, sounds interesting.

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
Not sure about what the translation for a wayward person would be, how about "caasi"? It contains the rebellious and disobedient nature associated with waywardness. Most of us know of its use in relation to children disobeying their parents and in terms of religion, so maybe someone else can tell if it would be applicable.

Maybe another word would be faasiq, which again is used in a religious context.

Use the afmaal dictionary it is usually more accurate than google translate, you can check it out here

My advice is to try a shorter title and use "redemption of the fallen ones" as a subtitle. I would probably even keep the subtitle in English.

@Céleste Lol, my Somali is mediocre at best. I rely entirely on dictionaries for advanced words.:mjdontkno:
But thanks for the compliment and the mention, walaal :westbrookswag:

Agreed, @Kurolady08 keep us updated, sounds interesting.

Look at you being Modest.
tenor-20.gif

Trending