I need help getting over a grudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help getting over a grudge that I've developed towards Somali women.

Before I continue, I want to say that "grudge" is too strong of a word. My feelings are more of a mild dislike due to previous interactions, but "grudge" is easier to type and I'm using it for lack of a better word.

So where does this all stem from...

I have never met a Somali girl who hasn't been a dick to me up until I was 19. I'm not exaggerating.

During secondary school, I wasn't picked on much but 90% of the insults I did get were from Somali girls. Most of the time it was light teasing, but sometimes it was pretty insulting. For example, on non-uniform day I would spend some time picking out my clothes for the day only to walk into morning registration and get roasted by the same handful of Somali girls. I know this is petty and I would always say something back to them, but sometimes it did get to me. I was just a young teenager.
But towards year 10 and 11, I stopped talking with these girls and responding to their insults. Eventually they left me alone.

Fast forward to College, there was one occasion which really cemented this mentality into me. There was a Somali girl who shared some of my classes and friends. Eventually we become friends. (First actual female Somali friend)
One day I left college with her, we were walking down the high street together and out of nowhere she links arms with me. I immediately pulled away and asked her what she was doing (I had a massive crush on this Polish girl from class who was near us). She said it was a joke etc. Later that night I got a message from her full of abuse. Saying I'm ugly and that she's going to find my mum and tell her I'm sleeping with the Polish girl. I tried to apologise the next day but she started to ignore me for a while and I stopped bothering with her.

From then on, I became SUPER disinterested in Somali girls. Towards the end of uni and up until now, I've had 3 really good Somali girls come into my life. Each one I stupidly turned away from.

I met one, a year ago, at a Syrian charity event I was dragged to. We talked for like 40 minutes and swapped numbers. I ended up picking this other girl (who I was seeing at the time and who turned out to be a complete ) over her. Even though the Somali girl was better in every single way. Smarter, funnier, more attractive etc.

A few months back, I was introduced to one by a friend. We went out once and had a lot of fun. That night I lied to her saying that I was super busy with work and can't see her again for a while. Eventually we stopped talking.

Reading through this, I realise it's complete BS. But I can't help it. I find it hard looking at Somali girls from a relationship standpoint. Although my preference is not with Somalis and my parents don't mind where the woman I end marrying is from. A part of me still wants to start a family with a Somali woman someday.

What do I do?

NotAjnabi

Somalilander

Before I continue, I want to say that "grudge" is too strong of a word. My feelings are more of a mild dislike due to previous interactions, but "grudge" is easier to type and I'm using it for lack of a better word.

I have never met a Somali girl who hasn't been a dick to me up until I was 19. I'm not exaggerating.

During secondary school, I wasn't picked on much but 90% of the insults I did get were from Somali girls. Most of the time it was light teasing, but sometimes it was pretty insulting. For example, on non-uniform day I would spend some time picking out my clothes for the day only to walk into morning registration and get roasted by the same handful of Somali girls. I know this is petty and I would always say something back to them, but sometimes it did get to me. I was just a young teenager.
But towards year 10 and 11, I stopped talking with these girls and responding to their insults. Eventually they left me alone.

Fast forward to College, there was one occasion which really cemented this mentality into me. There was a Somali girl who shared some of my classes and friends. Eventually we become friends. (First actual female Somali friend)
One day I left college with her, we were walking down the high street together and out of nowhere she links arms with me. I immediately pulled away and asked her what she was doing (I had a massive crush on this Polish girl from class who was near us). She said it was a joke etc. Later that night I got a message from her full of abuse. Saying I'm ugly and that she's going to find my mum and tell her I'm sleeping with the Polish girl. I tried to apologise the next day but she started to ignore me for a while and I stopped bothering with her.

From then on, I became SUPER disinterested in Somali girls. Towards the end of uni and up until now, I've had 3 really good Somali girls come into my life. Each one I stupidly turned away from.

I met one, a year ago, at a Syrian charity event I was dragged to. We talked for like 40 minutes and swapped numbers. I ended up picking this other girl (who I was seeing at the time and who turned out to be a complete ) over her. Even though the Somali girl was better in every single way. Smarter, funnier, more attractive etc.

A few months back, I was introduced to one by a friend. We went out once and had a lot of fun. That night I lied to her saying that I was super busy with work and can't see her again for a while. Eventually we stopped talking.

Reading through this, I realise it's complete BS. But I can't help it. I find it hard looking at Somali girls from a relationship standpoint. Although my preference is not with Somalis and my parents don't mind where the woman I end marrying is from. A part of me still wants to start a family with a Somali woman someday.

What do I do?
You have cuqdad walal, you need to take the initiative to talk to more somali girls, eventually you will lose the cuqdad against somali kweenz.

Keep the grudge, it's a defense mechanism you've created based on your personal experience with somali girls.

I've had the similar issues with them but not to your extent.

SumMo

very lowkey

What do I do?
That’s so sad. I fucking hate bullies, and I hate that you had to go through that..

I know of this one somali girl that I used to go to dugsi with. Somali boys used to tease her and bully her and she kinda developed hatred for them later on. It’s just human. :zhqjlmx:

It’s funny however, when a white person bullies someone, you don’t hate all white people as a result. But when other minorities do it, we start blaming them all for the actions of few.

It’s sad however. Truth be told, ugly people exist in every group, including our own. We have some pretty xasiid people. Just don’t let your past define you. For each devil there is one angel. Just try and live life without those worries.. You can overcome anything if you set your mind and heart to it! Insha’Allah.

I wish I could just give you a hug! Poor thing.
:kendrickcry::it0tdo8:

Walaalkay gacaliye...don't paint every somali girl with the same brush..

If you continue living life having hatred towards all somali girls..for the action of 1...who knows, you might just miss a good one..:manny:

Next time you come across a girl you like...try and clear your mind of all negative thoughts

They liked you, you failed to approach, its as simple as that. When a woman doesn’t get asked out from a guy she’s into, she develops a coping mechanism eg he must be gay, he’s ugly anyway

You’re most likely a beta. It seems that you take things too personally.

Ceeb badana, you're a grown man, it's time to let that shit go. While I benefited from Somali privilege, once upon a time I had 7, fucking 7 Somali girls in my tutor group. I know for a fact they can be very mean, but at the end of the day that was a very different phase in life. You don't have to like every Somali girl you come across, or even most for that matter, but try to treat every encounter as a separate experience. Don't marry an ajnabi chick out of cuqdad, do it for the paczki

You need to man up, you haven't really gone through anything, the average male goes through worse.

You need to develop the level of self esteem that if every single one of them rejected you, it would not affect your confidence or self esteem.

Because your their to give and add value, if they refuse, it's their loss, it's like giving charity to the homeless, their refusal of your good will gesture to improve them is their "loss" not yours.

Most important of all engaging in haram leaves you with no barakah but only regrets, misfortune, depressions and hatred which you already developed.

Foster your hatred for them and hold the grudge with a tight grip. They've let you known throughout your life that they don't like you, so pay them no respect. Only through hatred can you destroy them.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Foster your hatred for them and hold the grudge with a tight grip. They've let you known throughout your life that they don't like you, so pay them no respect. Only through hatred can you destroy them.

Nigga this isn't Naruto.
:mjlol:

SumMo

very lowkey
It’s like you get 5$ for every gender hating post you make.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
I can't get past your avatar. Why is the guy trying on a xamaalad/nightwear.
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

What do I do?

Judge the individual and do not impose on them the characteristics of others like them.

It is natural to have biases but let the INDIVIDUAL either confirm or disprove your prejudice.

Also treat them in the same manner as you'd like even if they're rude, as your character shouldn't change for anyone.

You need to man up, you haven't really gone through anything, the average male goes through worse.

You need to develop the level of self esteem that if every single one of them rejected you, it would not affect your confidence or self esteem.

Because your their to give and add value, if they refuse, it's their loss, it's like giving charity to the homeless, their refusal of your good will gesture to improve them is their "loss" not yours.

Most important of all engaging in haram leaves you with no barakah but only regrets, misfortune, depressions and hatred which you already developed.

:obama:

I don’t mean to be rude and add onto ur standoffish feelings towards Somali women. But get the f*ck over it??? ur a grown ass man don’t let bullies from high school dictate ur life. They don’t represent every somali women on earth!!!!!!!!!!

If only other male members on here were to follow in pursuit.. maybe we wouldn't have so many gender-war topics...:lolbron:

Who wants to go next?:ulyin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending