I need career advice from reer Canada

JewelofJannah

Find your way
I’m in my last year of high school and the applications are due soon. Wallahi I am stuck and I have no clue on what I want to pursue. I was thinking of doing nursing, but I would have to do the 2 year practical nursing diploma because I can’t do a bachelor due to student loans ( don’t want to do riba).

Also, being a nurse is stressful and hard on your body, so I don’t think it’s something I’ll be able to put up with. Please tell me other careers that are in demand and have decent pay ( around 70-80k) or just give me some career guidance in general. Just for reference I’m 17 turning 18, in grade 12, I’m a girl and live in Toronto.

Royalflush

novacane
I’m in my last year of high school and the applications are due soon. Wallahi I am stuck and I have no clue on what I want to pursue. I was thinking of doing nursing, but I would have to do the 2 year practical nursing diploma because I can’t do a bachelor due to student loans ( don’t want to do riba).

Also, being a nurse is stressful and hard on your body, so I don’t think it’s something I’ll be able to put up with. Please tell me other careers that are in demand and have decent pay ( around 70-80k) or just give me some career guidance in general. Just for reference I’m 17 turning 18, in grade 12, I’m a girl and live in Toronto.
The student loan is allowed because it’s called daruuro there isn’t another way to complete higher education
If your not interested you can do CFA or other finance certifications which equivalate to or exceed finance bachelors

You ever thought of going into Actuarial Sciences?

It involves math, but the jobs are secure and the pay is good too. Much more preferable to nursing

You can still do your bachelors and be debt free when you finish. You just gotta work during the summers and if you still have some debt remaining after finishing ask your parents to get you into ayuuto to pay the rest. I know lots of Somalis that did this and you won't have to pay any riba.

Well, what do you like and what are you good at? Nursing is tough and stressful unless you're in pediatrics or public health. Most jobs require further education post-undergrad. There's software engineering, which pays well.

JewelofJannah

Find your way
You can still do your bachelors and be debt free when you finish. You just gotta work during the summers and if you still have some debt remaining after finishing ask your parents to get you into ayuuto to pay the rest. I know lots of Somalis that did this and you won't have to pay any riba.

Thanks saxiib. My uncle gave me a whole lecture about riba and how that if you engage in it then your whole career is haraam. I was planning how to pay it all off if I was going to get a bachelors

Don't start a program if you don't know what you want to do. I think there is nothing wrong with taking a gap year (just one year) and working to get a taste of real life or upgrading marks. I see so many young people rushing into degrees that they don't even want to do in the first place, a waste of money and time.

I’ll give you the best advice you’ll ever get. First of all don’t stress. Pick any career. Go to university, enjoy the first year or two and then drop out. You’ll still be young and a lot of guys will come ask for your hand. Pick the best guy and enjoy a lifetime of no work, no stress.

Trending