I need a barkhad abdi movie asap

Black hawk down
702FCE3E-AFAE-4150-9932-EBFF470A57AF.png

I watched Eye in the Sky in the cinema, made all the white people around me nervous cause the film is about drone strikes in Somalia, barkhad plays a big role in it

Barkhad Abdi was an attack by Hollywood to destroy the image of the Somali male, f*ck him and f*ck them.

I don't like how he became a meme. "I'm the captain now" should be considered racist. Somalis are now seen as pirates, including by those who never met a Somali. It'll take centuries to shake off that image. Indian giver and Jewish stereotypes from so long ago that no one even experiences come to mind.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Barkhad Abdi was an attack by Hollywood to destroy the image of the Somali male, f*ck him and f*ck them.
Disagree. He wasn’t the only man who played a role yet you guys love to take it out on him? The guy needed quick cash, he never thought he would be shitted on by his own people!

Apollo

VIP
Disagree. He wasn’t the only man who played a role yet you guys love to take it out on him? The guy needed quick cash, he never thought he would be shitted on by his own people!

You are a Somali woman, your opinion on this not relevant. You got people like Iman, Halima Aden, and Ilhan Omar who haven't destroyed your intersection's image.

This guy is the most famous Somali man in the West and that is a catastrophe.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
You are a Somali woman, your opinion on this not relevant. You got people like Iman, Halima Aden, and Ilhan Omar who haven't destroyed your intersection's image.

if theres more somali male celebrities in hollywood people will forget about captain phillips, barkad comes to mind since he's the only famous one we have at the moment

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening

Im still not shut out from every Somali male on this earth. You do realize that they use pirate jokes against Somali women too right? You aren’t special.
instead of complaining about your image, do something about it. There are no Somali actors, no wonder Barkhad is the face of Somali men. You guys have Mo Farax who is also a shame. You guys have social media rappers who pride on drugs. If that’s your future then who’s fault is that? We as women are more competitive and we actually strive in the industry. But you guys love to complain.
and dear god, I would rather Barkhad represent me than Iman or Ilhan.

Im still not shut out from every Somali male on this earth. You do realize that they use pirate jokes against Somali women too right? You aren’t special.
instead of complaining about your image, do something about it. There are no Somali actors, no wonder Barkhad is the face of Somali men. You guys have Mo Farax who is also a shame. You guys have social media rappers who pride on drugs. If that’s your future then who’s fault is that? We as women are more competitive and we actually strive in the industry. But you guys love to complain.
and dear god, I would rather Barkhad represent me than Iman or Ilhan.
What that?

Trending