I kinda do get why Some Somalis don’t identify themselves as “black”.

We're not the same as jareeers
Your post reminds me of this Map that was made by folks from somnet years ago who wanted to split the Continent into two lmao:
vGqpNXO.jpg

So many Somalis think being from Sub-Sahara Africa is a curse.
:chrisfreshhah:

In hindsight, if the average Somali/East African did not look "Black" then I guess they would've had a better case for splitting the Continent like that.

Last edited:
Your post reminds me of this Map that was made by folks from somnet years ago who wanted to split the Continent into two lmao:
vGqpNXO.jpg

So many Somalis think being from Sub-Sahara Africa is a curse.
:chrisfreshhah:
That map is incredibly dumb though. People from Madagascar are more related to Australian Aboriginals and Micronesians then to any other african nation.

and yeah being from sub Saharan Africa is looked at as if it’s a curse

That map is incredibly dumb though. People from Madagascar are more related to Australian Aboriginals and Micronesians then to any other african nation.

I know it's stupid. I guess they wanted to lump all the African countries they didn't regard as Black African into a new Continent.

Malagasy are generally >60% Bantu

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
The teen girl that drown showed that others Muslim groups will stand with us more then other blacks.

We aren't included in black class that befitting from it politics. Maybe we should start political foundation like the Israelis

“The Malagasy (French: Malgache) are an Austronesian ethnic group native to the island country of Madagascar.
They are divided into two subgroups: the "Highlander" Merina, Sihanaka and Betsileo of the central highlands around Antananarivo, Alaotra(Ambatondrazaka) and Fianarantsoa, and the "coastal dwellers" elsewhere in the country.”
They are mostly Baritos and Austronesians
They speak an Austronesian language. Most of their ancestry is jareeer Bantu from the continent, not Indonesian...they're not more related to other Austronesians than any other African country as you said.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The term "black" was coined by European colonizers to describe their west African slaves that worked in the crop fields of North America. They had lost their language and culture so they had to unite based on their skin tone, features and struggle. Historically, African nations/peoples have never described themselves as black. They only identified themselves with their ethnicity or tribe.

Plus, you have the negative connotations attributed to black people and some people, unfortunately, do not want anything to do with that.

You also have dark melanated people in South India/Shri Lanka and aboriginals in Australia.

For example, you would probably assume these people below the picture are Bantus but they're actually Melanesian people from Papua New Guinea.

1599940168157.png

These people are not considered black so why should Cushitic people also identify themselves as black? Skin colour doesn't determine your race. I mean you'll find some of the whitest people in Siberia but they're actually not of European descent. They're actually related to the Mongols and have slanted eyes and high cheekbones yet not considered "white".

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Their culture appeared from a river called Yellow and the people seem to have that color but Cacs dont like that color to be used on them, they know something.

East Asians aren't actually yellow. They are more of a peach color to a very light brown.

It is a stupid color system made up by some discredited 1800s anthropologist (yellow, brown, black, white, red). Native Americans aren't red either. While white, brown, and black stuck around nobody uses yellow or red because they are kind of inaccurate.

East Asians aren't actually yellow. They are more of a peach color to a very light brown.

It is a stupid color system made up by some discredited 1800s anthropologist (yellow, brown, black, white, red). Native Americans aren't red either. While white, brown, and black stuck around nobody uses yellow or red because they are kind of inaccurate.

This is actually closer to Yellow than Whites are closer to a White color

1599940723589.png

Somalis always differentiated themselves from other Africans by using terms like bantu and "black" because they understand that we are not the same people. Our reason for not considering ourselves as not being black is not new. To this day its the same thing in Somalia. Even Madowweyne are not referred to as Somali bantu back home because Somalis back home know Somalis and bantus are not the same race.

Alluring

Sayonara
Race is the dumbest social construct to exist. It doesn't account for hispanics, North Africans, middle easterners, and many other ethnicities.

With that said, even though I get why somalis don't want to use the term black. We still are, darker skin with primarily afro features from sub saharan Africa is a guaranteed black person.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Lol. Idk how

Only UK somalis do this Smh. Like Somalis are Somalis, how hard is it to say that.

UK Somalis and BLM Somalis are strange creatures. It's like they're in a constant state of cognitive dissonance when it comes to their identity.

It's fascinating really. Someone should do a sociological study on this phenomenon

Keo

VIP
Race is the dumbest social construct to exist. It doesn't account for hispanics, North Africans, middle easterners, and many other ethnicities.

With that said, even though I get why somalis don't want to use the term black. We still are, darker skin with primarily afro features from sub saharan Africa is a guaranteed black person.
Having dark skin doesn't equate to being black. How do you account for Somalis who have straight hair? Are you going to say that they are mixed with Arabs? This is not a primary afro feature.

somalis weren’t accepted when they came from a war torn country and they instead were ridiculed for their background, and only had to defend themselves since they got hate from white, other black people, and other minorities.

I have a female friend that doesn’t identify herself as “black”, but just says that she’s african or Congolese. And I did understand her point of view since the word “black” was made by white people to ridicule those with darker skin colour and the N word was used to dehumanise african slaves to nothing.

someone on twitter said the same thing, how calling yourself “black” isn’t smt to be proud off since it was made by white supremacists and to attack those of african decent (with a darker skin colour)

and it groups every black/african person together while we have our own unique, and beautiful cultures and languages. As if every person of african descent is from the same place

if you look it at this way its actually pretty deep
Because we ain’t. End of story