I kinda do get why Some Somalis don’t identify themselves as “black”.

somalis weren’t accepted when they came from a war torn country and they instead were ridiculed for their background, and only had to defend themselves since they got hate from white, other black people, and other minorities.

I have a female friend that doesn’t identify herself as “black”, but just says that she’s african or Congolese. And I did understand her point of view since the word “black” was made by white people to ridicule those with darker skin colour and the N word was used to dehumanise african slaves to nothing.

someone on twitter said the same thing, how calling yourself “black” isn’t smt to be proud off since it was made by white supremacists and to attack those of african decent (with a darker skin colour)

and it groups every black/african person together while we have our own unique, and beautiful cultures and languages. As if every person of african descent is from the same place

if you look it at this way its actually pretty deep

When it comes identifying your race, saying you're "African" is insufficient & rather stupid, since not all Africans are of the same race. An obvious example would be North Africans vs Sub-Saharans.

If you check off the phenotype requirements for being Black then accept it & move on.

When it comes identifying your race, saying you're "African" is insufficient & rather stupid, since not all Africans are of the same race. An obvious example would be North Africans vs Sub-Saharans.

If you check off the phenotype requirements for being Black then accept it & move on.
I wasn’t specifically talking about how she identifies her self with race. She just says that she’s african or Congolese since people here don’t know better.

With Somalis being homogeneous we never differentiated on colour much mainly on features.

Besides europeans unless racist don't say they are proud of being white. They identify with their culture,language, heritage etc.

These madows only want us to reject our heritage and procreate with us for our features. They need to stop obsessig with us and empower themselves.

:fittytousand:

With Somalis being homogeneous we never differentiated on colour much mainly on features.

Besides europeans unless racist don't say they are proud of being white. They identify with their culture,language, heritage etc.

These madows only want us to reject our heritage and procreate with us for our features. They need to stop obsessig with us and empower themselves.

:fittytousand:
Watch until a lot of people learn that ancient Egyptians were of Cushitic descent. They’ll probably not claim it anymore

Apollo

VIP

Asian has been hijacked to mean only East Asians.. and in the UK it means South Asian only.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
What's wrong with the term Black?
Our skin color transcends continents and the term Black unites us in the struggle against racism.

It's fucked up the fact we are mad divided but then again it's just human nature to distinguish themselves.

I cant speak on all the other shit. I love black people for the simple fact that they are black but still I have to treat them like every other humans, with caution and suspicion ofcourse. Same thing goes for Somalis too.

What's wrong with the term Black?
Our skin color transcends continents and the term Black unites us in the struggle against racism.

It's fucked up the fact we are mad divided but then again it's just human nature to distinguish themselves.

I cant speak on all the other shit. I love black people for the simple fact that they are black but still I have to treat them like every other humans, with caution and suspicion ofcourse. Same thing goes for Somalis too.
I mean from what us documented, Africa slaves hated these terms and never liked them. It’s obvious that they wanted these terms to die out. But it instead is still being used,

Asian has been hijacked to mean only East Asians.. and in the UK it means South Asian.
True, however I have seen a growing dispute over the "African" label between North African & Sub-Saharan/Black youths on Western Social media.

North Africans have a stronger historical claim to the label though.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
I mean from what us documented, Africa slaves hated these terms and never liked them. It’s obvious that they wanted these terms to die out. But it instead is still being used,
Looool good luck for them on that
That term will die out long after they stop referring eachother as "my niggas"

But they don't try to force ppl to identify based on skin colour. I suppose its because their cultures were not erased.
Their culture appeared from a river called Yellow and the people seem to have that color but Cacs dont like that color to be used on them, they know something.