" I heard a Daee saying that Masturbation is Makrooh, Is Masturbation makrooh or haram Assim al hakeem"

It's haraam.

"Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence:

Firstly: From the Quran:

Al-Imam Shafi'i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Quran (interpretation of the meaning):

{And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors.} (23:5-7)

Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. {And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.}

Some scholars used as evidence the ayah (in meaning),

{And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty.} (24:33)

This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.

Secondly: From the sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him):

'Abdullaah ibn Masood said, "We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, 'O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power.'" (Al-Bukhari: 5066).

The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it can be done.

There are additional evidences that can be cited to support this ruling on masturbation, but due to the limited space we will not go through them here. Allaah knows what is best and most correct."

Masturbation ecnourages ography which is a servant of ibliis and a plague on islam today. I agree with sheikh, although the haram word is thrown away easily these days.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I cannot believe sane person would think this activity has any benefits. Especially a Muslim scholar. Even the secular world is becoming wiser to the detrimental impact of masturbation and ographer addiction.

I think these issues are as serious as drug addiction. But unlike drugs the person doesn’t have to leave the house. The addiction is their own bodies. It needs to be treated seriously and gently so people can seek help and not feel too ashamed to come forward.

Download the PDF here:

He isn't saying it's beneficial like you made him out to be- he says it's permissible in certain situations. Scholars are not infallible. You can cherrypick mistakes. But most of the scholars say that it is haraam and that is clearly the correct view.

He isn't saying it's beneficial like you made him out to be- he says it's permissible in certain situations. Scholars are not infallible. You can cherrypick mistakes. But most of the scholars say that it is haraam and that is clearly the correct view.

The book has plenty of quotes from classical scholars justifying it as a good act. Lol.

His position wasn't that it's beneficial or a good act. His view was that it's permissible in certain situations.

The book explores all opinions, but it includes opinions that consider it valid

This is also directly from the book:

Ibn Dinar: "There is absolutely nothing wrong with masturbating."

"They would encourage their young to masturbate to stay chaste."

Lol

The book explores all opinions, but it includes opinions that consider it valid

This is also directly from the book:

Ibn Dinar: "There is absolutely nothing wrong with masturbating."

"They would encourage their young to masturbate to stay chaste."

Lol

His position wasn't that it's beneficial or a good act. His view was that it's permissible in certain situations.

Trending

Latest posts