I have a dream....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
I have a dream that I shall finally be able to traverse the Route of Megas Alexandros (by foot or horse), from Pella to Babylon to Pattala, then back to Babylon.

Merchant of Mogadishu

And if any of you don't know the Route of Megas Alexandros, it is this:

empire-of-alexander-the-great-large-map.jpg

Once the mess in the Middle East subsides (which is very unlikely at this point) then I shall start planning this journey.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
And if any of you don't know the Route of Megas Alexandros, it is this:

View attachment 38738

Once the mess in the Middle East subsides (which is very unlikely at this point) then I shall start planning this journey.

there is a well known documentary about a guy who wanted to go on an adventure in the middle east. SO he traveled all over the place. recorded everything. Ended up joining the Libyan revolution, and now he has his own private military organization that is fighting isis.

documentary is called point and shoot. it is pretty good.

the man is named Mathew van dyke.

I dream to live on a beach and adopt loads of babies and have some of my own InshaAllah. I’ll teach them to be kind and lovely balls of love!
Also, world peace and prosperity. InshaAllah.

I have a dream of WW3 breaking out and most people die in the nuclear conflict but I manage to survive and emerge as a dictator and I establish a new Caliphate stretching from Somalia to Australia.

I do not understand, what lack of humility did I show in my post?

Great discoverers and explorers were all hubristic creatures with few exceptions. The desire to complete such immense achievements maddened them.
Don’t be like Victor Frankenstein, don’t be like the mariner.
I meant no offense btw, I kind of forgot that you were a real person :ftw9nwa:

How is saying I want a Somali Imperium hubris?

A free, sovereign Somalia under the rule of a benevolent Emperor of the House of Adal-Ajuuraan.

Last edited:

Merchant of Mogadishu

Great discoverers and explorers were all hubristic creatures with few exceptions. The desire to complete such immense achievements maddened them.
Don’t be like Victor Frankenstein, don’t be like the mariner.
I meant no offense btw, I kind of forgot that you were a real person :ftw9nwa:

Trust me, the Route of Megas Alexandros is at the back of my mind, I probably wont even do it, due the problems in the Middle East. I have more important things to worry about.

I dream of owning a large independent plot of land in the middle of nowhere, like coastal Argentine, and having the finance to develop it and start my own community.

My people back home are already developing their own tuulo with a few thousand people and it is already drenched in politics. Literally 3-4 days ago we kicked off and responded to our neighbours' aggressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending