I have a controversial take

80s akira GIF

They'll always be Somali because they have full Somali blood in their veins + traceable qabil. Sorry to break it to the hardliners on here who take the metaphor "If you aren't Muslim, you aren't Somali" literally. It's just meant to communicate that holding onto our Islamic values is of the utmost importance. Not that they're officially banned from claiming Somali lol

The actual question is will they be ever considered as a part of the community during our lifetime, considering how irreligious the world is becoming?

I don't think so, because Islam is a core part of our Somali identity, so there's always gonna be a wedge driven between us and them, the moment they come out as ex-Muslims. We don't have a naturally occurring group of non-Muslims like the Lebanese so the relationship is going to be antagonistic right off the bat, plus the juicy incentive apostates in our community have to smear our name for political clout and get us all killed Ayaan Hirsi style is gonna keep us paranoid and on high-alert 👀

Maybe they'll be considered Somali by the community during the end times, since a lot of our descendants would leave Islam, as the famous hadith says holding onto the diin will become like 'holding onto hot coals' by then.

Last edited:
If Allah swt told his prophet Nooh that his kaffir son that he is not part of his family why would I consider gaal westernized hooyo matalo a somali?

If they look somali, talk say wallahi somali like me, then wallahi i couldn't careless if they muslim or not. That's their own personal journey. They have somali blood and were raised in a similar manner. Don't have the mental energy to deny someones somaliness.

I actually like engaging with people who think differently to me to an extent (I'm still homophobic, kinda racist, transphobic and kinda qabilist).

If Allah swt told his prophet Nooh that his kaffir son that he is not part of his family why would I consider gaal westernized hooyo matalo a somali?
Respectfully, this is a poor argument.

Disowning someone from your family is not equal to disowning someone from your ethnic/cultural group and nationality.

Therefore, they cannot be compared.

Last edited:
Well, he will be Somali as long as he has lineage, so there is no point in saying he is Somali or not. The question is, will society accept it? It is possible for him to be accepted abroad (rare), but it is impossible for him to reveal his beliefs in the country (this is important), so he will have to hide his beliefs, to avoid getting into trouble.

They'll always be Somali because they have full Somali blood in their veins + traceable qabil. Sorry to break it to the hardliners on here who take the metaphor "If you aren't Muslim, you aren't Somali" literally. It's just meant to communicate that holding onto our Islamic values is of the utmost importance. Not that they're officially banned from claiming Somali lol

The actual question is will they be ever considered as a part of the community during our lifetime, considering how irreligious the world is becoming?

I don't think so, because Islam is a core part of our Somali identity, so there's always gonna be a wedge driven between us and them, the moment they come out as ex-Muslims. We don't have a naturally occurring group of non-Muslims like the Lebanese so the relationship is going to be antagonistic right off the bat, plus the juicy incentive apostates in our community have to smear our name for political clout and get us all killed Ayaan Hirsi style is gonna keep us paranoid and on high-alert 👀

Maybe they'll be considered Somali by the community during the end times, since a lot of our descendants would leave Islam, as the famous hadith says holding onto the diin will become like 'holding onto hot coals' by then.
Islam always come first before somali argue with your wall

Trending

Latest posts