I have a confession to make....

My great grandfather died at sea fighting for the British in WW2. He left behind my granfather as an orphan. Idk how but he also had a house in Britain, his wife died before him leading to the her family trying to claim the house for themselves. They were the same clan as the prime minister of Somalia and through corruption got the papers to own the house.

It's weird that my family eventually made their way to being Australian which are subjects of Britain. I wonder if anyone else had a similiar experience, do you feel shame at your predecessors fighting for the British?

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Alll my grandparents fought in the SNA. All my great grandfathers fought against the Italians.

Mine wasn't really fighting. He was an Askari for the Italians. I don't feel ashamed whatsoever. Bro was gunning for the bag.

My great grandfather died at sea fighting for the British in WW2. He left behind my granfather as an orphan. Idk how but he also had a house in Britain, his wife died before him leading to the her family trying to claim the house for themselves. They were the same clan as the prime minister of Somalia and through corruption got the papers to own the house.

It's weird that my family eventually made their way to being Australian which are subjects of Britain. I wonder if anyone else had a similiar experience, do you feel shame at your predecessors fighting for the British?
Don’t worry everyone’s(not just Somalis)ancestors have fought or worked for the British at some point. It’s miracle we aren’t all X% British. Those bloody Englishmen sure knew how to keep their pants on.

1620877113216.gif

alien

📍outer space
VIP
my great grandfather's were some baadiye geeljire. same with my grandfathers. no history here. My grandmother were also baadiye folk. basically I'm just a NZer descendent of baadiye folk

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
7 of my great-grand uncles died for France (Algeria War)
It's an honor to have served the greatest country in History!
:denzelnigga:

AUN, my grandfather also fought in WW2.

reer

VIP
Facts. They were planning to build a railway tru all of SL. but that fat short mf named mussolini invaded british somaliland. And no railways:wow:
sl is not south asia. the interior terrain was harsh and not a place to do mass scale farming like india. it was expensive keeping it under control.
if somalis united the colonial invaders would have been forced to give up when it became too much money. when a larger enemy tries occupy a territory they leave when the money spent isnt worth it. a shame. pathetic somalis.

Last edited:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
sl is south asia. the interior terrain was harsh and not a place to do mass scale farming like india. it was expensive keeping it under control.
if somalis united the colonial invaders would have been forced to give up when it became too much money. when a larher enemy tries occupy a territory they leave when the money spent isnt worth it. a shame. pathetic somalis.
Yeah but they got finnesed. The colonisers came to clans offered money and weapons for loyalty. And later their tuulo got taken over

reer

VIP
Yeah but they got finnesed. The colonisers came to clans offered money and weapons for loyalty. And later their tuulo got taken over
somalis are a treacherous people. pathetic how we were colonized. we dont have mass farmlands or rubber or mass gold like other places. italian part was their pet project and british part was nick named "aden's butcher shop". djibouti was possibly the most disgraceful. somalis are predisposed to treachery and treason.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
somalis are a treacherous people. pathetic how we were colonized. we dont have mass farmlands or rubber or mass gold like other places. italian part was their pet project and british part was nick named "aden's butcher shop". djibouti was possibly the most disgraceful. somalis are predisposed to treachery and treason.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The reason why ethiopia never got colonised was because the amharas and tigray were united under the ethiopian empire/abassynia banner. While somalis were not united and they had small sultans. So its easier to do the divide and conquer trick. If everybody all ready see eachothers as enemies

reer

VIP
The reason why ethiopia never got colonised was because the amharas and tigray were united under the ethiopian empire/abassynia banner. While somalis were not united and they had small sultans. So its easier to do the divide and conquer trick. If everybody all ready see eachothers as enemies
mussolini conquered them. and before that they were allies of the british against somalis. afghanistan was the only muslim country to successfully defeat colonizers (their attempts of colonization) because they had a sense of unity.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
mussolini conquered them. and before that they were allies of the british against somalis. afghanistan was the only muslim country to successfully defeat colonizers (their attempts of colonization) because they had a sense of unity.
Somalis have always seen eachother as enemies. Before the colonisers came Somalis were raiding eachother villages and robbing livestocks and burning houses.Personally somali see eachother now how they saw eachother before colonisation

Trending

Latest posts