I hate Plato's aporetic dialogues

I genuinely see not much of a point in reading his earlier works, most of the time it's just logical tangents being pulled out of his ass.
Like for example in lysis how does he develop his like to like theory? How does he determine when a said definition of virtue (friendship, courage, etc.) Is impossible to define?

I genuinely see not much of a point in reading his earlier works, most of the time it's just logical tangents being pulled out of his ass.
Like for example in lysis how does he develop his like to like theory? How does he determine when a said definition of virtue (friendship, courage, etc.) Is impossible to define?
The concepts he discusses in the earlier dialogues serves as a basis for all of his metaphysical discussion. Keep reading and it will all make sense akhi

Plato was a Communist. I've read Plato's Republic and it is clearly a blueprint for communism/NWO. He is regarded as highly as he is because he was in league with these shadowy elites.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Plato was a Communist. I've read Plato's Republic and it is clearly a blueprint for communism/NWO. He is regarded as highly as he is because he was in league with these shadowy elites.
I dont think so, he banned music due to its dangerous effects

Plato is not a political leader nor is he regarded as one. He left politics when he realized it's innate corruptive nature.
I dont think so, he banned music due to its dangerous effects
No he didn't, the only form of art he did not like was a certain form of poetry

Plato is not a political leader nor is he regarded as one. He left politics when he realized it's innate corruptive nature.

Read Plato's Republic and study it. It is literally an ancient NWO slash Communist blueprint. He was not just some innocent mundane "philosopher". And these big-name philosophers are not innocent. Kant was advocating a one-world government. There is more to these philosophers than what people realize.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

that is not correct. Plato's Republic advocates using music to "educate" the population. Plato was not the Taliban.
Heres a quote from Plato book Republic III

when someone gives music an opportunity to charm his soul with the flute and pour those sweet, soft, and plaintive tunes we mentioned through his ear…if he keeps at it unrelentingly and is beguiled by the music, after a time his spirit is melted and dissolved until it vanishes, and the very sinews of his soul are cut out” (411a-b).

He didnt like it, this was pre Islam. He was indeed ahead of his time I believe his cave allegory was a reference to this dunya and the beguility of it. He may have been a Prophet sent by Allah allahu aclam, some argue that Siddartha of Buddha also may have been a Prophet

Heres a quote from Plato book Republic III

He didnt like it, this was pre Islam. He was indeed ahead of his time I believe his cave allegory was a reference to this dunya and the beguility of it. He may have been a Prophet sent by Allah allahu aclam, some argue that Siddartha of Buddha also may have been a Prophet
This isn't an accurate description of Plato's beliefs. Plato believed that all forms of materialistic pleasure is detrimental *only* when it inhibits fulfilling the souls need (this is what he means by charm); music in this case was moreso an example than an actual definition. Its pretty evident when you read his other works that would appear to have very stark contradictions:

music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything”

Trending

Latest posts