I FOUND A WAY TO HELP SOMALIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
First time poster long time lurker

Basically Somalia should make desalination plants which are powered by wind and solar farms puntland, then they should make canals either a major one that runs from zeila to kismayo but I recommend several canals In each coastal city that way no one fights over water rights and to each there own, lastly the Somali faraxs will have to stop chewing khat and blaming 'yahooda iyo galaha' they will have to plant so much trees I want Somalia to look like Cameron Diaz's womanhood that will reduce the temperature and al shabab will stop acting like savages and actually help the country by burying themselves 6 feet under

Secondly tribalism will have to go if I ever a hear another abdi say 'the kafirs ruined our country' I'm gonna apply for Canadian citizenship and live the rest of my life as a lumberjack/hermit

It's great your thinking of ways to help the nation, we need more people like you!!! We shouldn't sit idly anymore, we have a new administration in Somalia that is encouraging the youth to participate in nation building. We can't allow these old-ducks from the soviet era handle our affairs, they have miserably failed and it's our generation that needs to bring fresh thinking to our woes!!!

Your idea can be implemented but it needs to address funding requirements. I suggest we create financial institutions first, without a banking sector it will be difficult to develop. People need access to capital and if we don't pool our capital together, we will not be able to loan out or give access to people who want to do business that's why we are dependent on aid.

How you think banks give loans? they source this money from it's customer capital and investors. When you have insurance for example how you think they pay millions of dollars to you when your house burns down? they source the funds from other customers premiums in the insurance pool!!! Where you think your insurance premium goes when you don't access it or need it? it is pooled together to give to someone who does need it!!!

That's why I want to see a true banking sector kick off in Somalia. Right now we have money-transfer companies, that only transfer money, they don't store it other then the little fee they collect which won't be a big enough pool of capital, maybe a few millions. Once we store that capital into accounts, it turns into a pool of capital that the bank can loan out to people. The bank can then lend it out to people who want business loans(like your idea desalination plant and many other ideas from other people)

That's how societies progress, you generate an idea, I generate an Idea, we connect it together and power on forward!!!

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's great your thinking of ways to help the nation, we need more people like you!!! We shouldn't sit idly anymore, we have a new administration in Somalia that is encouraging the youth to participate in nation building. We can't allow these old-ducks from the soviet era handle our affairs, they have miserably failed and it's our generation that needs to bring fresh thinking to our woes!!!

Your idea can be implemented but it needs to address funding requirements. I suggest we create financial institutions first, without a banking sector it will be difficult to develop. People need access to capital and if we don't pool our capital together, we will not be able to loan out or give access to people who want to do business that's why we are dependent on aid.

How you think banks give loans? they source this money from it's customer capital and investors. When you have insurance for example how you think they pay millions of dollars to you when your house burns down? they source the funds from other customers premiums in the insurance pool!!! Where you think your insurance premium goes when you don't access it or need it? it is pooled together to give to someone who does need it!!!

That's why I want to see a true banking sector kick off in Somalia. Right now we have money-transfer companies, that only transfer money, they don't store it other then the little fee they collect which won't be a big enough pool of capital, maybe a few millions. Once we store that capital into accounts, it turns into a pool of capital that the bank can loan out to people. The bank can then lend it out to people who want business loans(like your idea desalination plant and many other ideas from other people)

That's how societies progress, you generate an idea, I generate an Idea, we connect it together and power on forward!!!

We can already store the 2 billion in remittance and put them all into accounts. Then we invite investors and top business-men to put their capital into the bank also, you see the pool is going to grow large as more come into. Then you use that pool and people from the general public will come who have ideas, then u risk assess their idea and it's potential, check what sort of collateral they can provide in-case it doesn't go to plan, then start loaning out.

For example give a loan of 100k to one person then the bank factors in the life of the loan and the how quick they can re-claim that capital. For example if it takes them 5 years to pay it back, factor in the increase in inflation in the market place because 1 dollar today isn't equal to 1 dollar in 5 years time. That's why a central bank is critical for this part, they set how much price difference occurs in the market-place year to year which a bank sources as way to figure out the next 5 years? So a bank basically need to reclaim the capital they loaned so their not making a loss. Then they will add a profit margin a flat rate or variable it's up to the bank over the life-time of the loan or early on or at the end it's up to them how they collect their profit. But a bank wants to give u 100k, recoup that 100k, plus make 50k over that 5 year period your paying it back. So they made 50k you see!!! That's an extra 50k being added to the banks pool, multiply this by 100's of people taking loans, do u see how your pool of 2 billion soon becomes 3 then 4? govt also grows as more revenues is generated from banks which means more tax revenue this then fuels social service investment and infrastructure!!!

I really do not see much hope for Somalia untill an effective banking sector is kick-started, it really has a huge impact on development!!!

@Transparent

Reconciliation is possible if all of the ugaaska sit down together, but right now for obvious reasons mainly instability its not gonna happen.

Secondly, MJs were not the only ones that suffered from the war.

Cad cads, smaller Hawiye clans, other Darood tribes basically everyone suffered heavy casualties and no one benefited from the War.
Go read up on it and stop getting biased sources from your family if you really want to know the reality.

And as for your dream of Puntland and Somaliland uniting..... :drakelaugh:

Sxb do you know what the Daroods have done to the Isaaqs? Go read up on who the "Butcher of Hargeisa" and "Butcher of Gabiley" were..

Anyways I'm not gonna go further into this especially with a kid, but let me tell you something sxb, don't let cuqdad for other clans cloud your judgement and do not let your emotions get into the way when it comes to Reconciling and moving on from the past.

Last edited:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Only hope for Somalia is to get rid of qabil. Educating the people and providing them with jobs instead of sitting around chewing qat and discussing tribal politics causing the issue to be even worse.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Only hope for Somalia is to get rid of qabil. Educating the people and providing them with jobs instead of sitting around chewing qat and discussing tribal politics causing the issue to be even worse.

Denying something doesn't solve anything. You can deny your sick doesn't mean your going to be better!!! You need to cure the sickness not ignore it!!! Totally disagree with the somali approach of trying to ignore or deny their problems!!! It's infact half the problem is that, not acknowledging tribalism and it's remedy!!!

maestro

Cultural revolution
Denying something doesn't solve anything. You can deny your sick doesn't mean your going to be better!!! You need to cure the sickness not ignore it!!! Totally disagree with the somali approach of trying to ignore or deny their problems!!! It's infact half the problem is that, not acknowledging tribalism and it's remedy!!!

Yes. Tribalism is the biggest issue but instead of crying about it lets discuss ways to solve. I will make a thread about it to not derail this ones main subject

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Nah not gonna work.

FYI zeila is in somaliland, a whole different country from a.

You are new, im gonna give you the benefit of doubt. :ulyin:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
OP it's good that you want to help Somalia and everyone has dreams but I can tell that you're very young and don't know much about everything. Your plans cost billions. Countries that are doing better than Somalia can't afford desalination plants. We gotta build up towards such a level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending