I finally did it

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I remember I told @Jiron Id get back into running like a couple weeks ago, today was the day. I ran 8 km non-stop for 47 mins straight
7A248B12-C88F-4D22-A942-AEF6489408E2.jpeg

I lowkey just jumped into things, I didn’t run for nearly a year. I didn’t even use that app that progresses you to 10 km run, I just used some random app and picked a route. I was planning on picking a 10 km route but couldn’t find one, only 8 km and 12 km. I thank god there was no 10 km. 8 km nearly killed me, I did the first 4 km well, the last half I had to FORCE myself. I contemplated on cheating and just going home but I pushed myself. I’ve never sweated this hard before

79CAFBEC-1FF4-4541-AC2B-53076F4F6C2C.jpeg
97744E2A-7540-403C-A042-D0ACE7706877.jpeg

I started off strong with 4 mins 42 seconds per km (~13 km/h) and ended off with a sh*tty 6:41 per km (~9 km/h) at the last km. Averaging a total 5:50 mins per km (~10.3 km/h) which is pretty good considering it’s my first run in a year.

here’s another chart
4DD6AD7C-B26C-4459-8779-2B3C45B54E7B.jpeg

I sprinted the last 100 m which is why there’s a spike at the end, the couple spikes at the beginning are because of me trying to beat the red light, and the 2 spikes that at the end are because of me stopping and waiting for the red light. Omit all the spikes because of traffic and it shows I had a very consistent pace which I’m proud of.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Now I’m gonna shower and eat food. I’ve never sweated this hard before ever in my
life. My shirt is soaked.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
It gets better the more you do it the easier, I remember my first time running 5 miles it was life threatening and I thought my heart will completely stop, after few times doing it over and over it became a cake walk.

I remember I told @Jiron Id get back into running like a couple weeks ago, today was the day. I ran 8 km non-stop for 47 mins straight
View attachment 131798

I lowkey just jumped into things, I didn’t run for nearly a year. I didn’t even use that app that progresses you to 10 km run, I just used some random app and picked a route. I was planning on picking a 10 km route but couldn’t find one, only 8 km and 12 km. I thank god there was no 10 km. 8 km nearly killed me, I did the first 4 km well, the last half I had to FORCE myself. I contemplated on cheating and just going home but I pushed myself. I’ve never sweated this hard before

View attachment 131799View attachment 131800

I started off strong with 4 mins 42 seconds per km (~13 km/h) and ended off with a sh*tty 6:41 per km (~9 km/h) at the last km. Averaging a total 5:50 mins per km (~10.3 km/h) which is pretty good considering it’s my first run in a year.

here’s another chart
View attachment 131801
I sprinted the last 100 m which is why there’s a spike at the end, the couple spikes at the beginning are because of me trying to beat the red light, and the 2 spikes that at the end are because of me stopping and waiting for the red light. Omit all the spikes because of traffic and it shows I had a very consistent pace which I’m proud of.
YEAH YEAH YEAHHHH

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
@BoqorkaChess

so proud of you my lil bro, I remember encouraging you to always keep being active. I am not anywhere close to ur level but Inshallah I will start running too. I will start with 1 mile and then add a little every 3rd day :)

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Well done bro. What’s the app name? I have to trim down this calool.:francis: I usually just go on walks but it ain’t helping obvs.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Well done bro. What’s the app name? I have to trim down this calool.:francis: I usually just go on walks but it ain’t helping obvs.
MapMyRun is the app, has the reeboks logo

Abaq

VIP
I'm gonna state something unpopular but I hope you take it into consideration. Strenuous exercise such as running for long periods puts a lot of stress on the body. Over a long time period, coupled with the crap diet we eat in the west (your diet is by definition crap unless its all organice, even if you eat veggies), it will do real damage to you. This modern lifestyle of strenous exercise and stress (work hard, play hard) is unnatural and ruining our lives. Aim to limit the stress in your life, don't add to it.

I recommend you pick up walking/hiking instead. Its an excellent low stress way to stay in shape. Its also the way we were made to be. Remember the nomads spent all day working and hardly ran. Also none of the animals in the animal kingdom run for long periods of time, only short bursts. Because we're not designed for that. Walk for 1 hr instead next time and do your health a favour. Pick up gentle sports like swimming and tennis as well. Say no to the work hard play hard lifestyle.

Trending

Latest posts