I don't think it's fair

Why are people who have an ajanabi Father and a Somali mother often told they are not Somali at all?

I get that you take on your Dad's qabil but is it not ignorant to deny their whole other half?

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Lineage is important. The kid will always take his/her father's lineage (Somali or Not). But they're still HALF SOMALI in my book.

I have seen similar situation, i know this kid whos mother is Kenyan and father Somali people used to say He was not somali they even once tried to throw him out of masjid because they though He was not muslim. But then again if you are half white/Arab or any other white ethnicity peoe tend to like you because whitr is better but thats not always the case.
I think all of this is very limiting and we should consider people who speak Somali and love and want to see somalia succeed as somali regardless of weather they look somali or not.
Wallahi i be still remember they day they though that maskin kid from masjid be caused He was hsalf kenyan

I have seen similar situation, i know this kid whos mother is Kenyan and father Somali people used to say He was not somali they even once tried to throw him out of masjid because they though He was not muslim. But then again if you are half white/Arab or any other white ethnicity peoe tend to like you because whitr is better but thats not always the case.
I think all of this is very limiting and we should consider people who speak Somali and love and want to see somalia succeed as somali regardless of weather they look somali or not.
Wallahi i be still remember they day they though that maskin kid from masjid be caused He was hsalf kenyan

But are people not more accepting of you if your Father is Somali?

Why are people who have an ajanabi Father and a Somali mother often told they are not Somali at all?

I get that you take on your Dad's qabil but is it not ignorant to deny their whole other half?
It is about lineage no one is not pure in this world ajnabi kid tht have non Somali father can't be somali man cuz what tht kid is not decent from somali male bring is from same lineage and family it is like saying if I marry bani Israel woman tht is decent from bani Israel and have child with her doesn't make my child to be bani Israel
And how can non Somali man marry somali woman and his child be somali like tht doesn't even make sense non Somali man doesn't make somali mn or lineage
Everyone goes to their lineage otherwise thing become confuse
It is like y ex wife non Somali kids claiming to be my my family or lineage

What those ppl did was wrong but still lineage is very important being somali is lineage
Language culture love for somalia country doesn't make 1 somali
No is pure in this world

[
What those ppl did was wrong but still lineage is very important being somali is lineage
Language culture love for somalia country doesn't make 1 somali
No is pure in this world
I dont understand why we have to Limit ourselves in this stupid manner. The world has moved on from simple primitive views.
Honestly i dont really think i want to have children, righ now i feel more comfortable to adop a child instead.

[
I dont understand why we have to Limit ourselves in this stupid manner. The world has moved on from simple primitive views.
Honestly i dont really think i want to have children, righ now i feel more comfortable to adop a child instead.
It is not limit like wtf lol lineage is not primitive views lol really
Answer me this question can non Somali man make somali lineage man even if tht non Somali man marry somali woman
I think u just don't like the idea don't call primitive views lol
I do t take Europeans views tht said lineage primitive lol
Lineage is what built somaliss as ppl
Since no one is not pure and if Somalis make non Somalis to be then it is over for somalis as hole ppl it will be extinction

It is not limit like wtf lol lineage is not primitive views lol really
Answer me this question can non Somali man make somali lineage man even if tht non Somali man marry somali woman
I think u just don't like the idea don't call primitive views lol
I do t take Europeans views tht said lineage primitive lol
Lineage is what built somaliss as ppl
Since no one is not pure and if Somalis make non Somalis to be then it is over for somalis as hole ppl it will be extinction
Can you please stop typing so much and just condense it into one comment, thank you.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I know a guy his dad is cadaan and his mom Somali and Ive always viewed him as somali in my opinion even if your dad isn't somali at the end of the day your somali

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Some of my people heavily intermarried with different nationalities
I have nieces and nephews that are half somali, I don't find it a strange like these maryooleys , I see them as Somalis
even some of my distant cousins and close relatives married Ethiopian , local coloured and black south African women.
Few have married Somali women and got divorced thus they married foreign women perhaps for economical reason.
Im used to seeing half coloured/Zulu/White half Somalis youngsters wandering around many are the new generation but there are descendants of Somali seamen during the Apartheid era , they were originally from British Somaliland working at the docks of Berbera for HMS colonial ship , they transported to South Africa at the end of WW2 as indetured labourers, they had a difficult time and faced prejudices from the segregated state , many married coloured women and their offsprings would identify as Cape Arabs before, until the mid 1990's today they are in their 60's 70's 80's

i sat down with many of them drinking cold drinks and speaking in Afrikaans they are embracing their roots and retracing their heritages today the concept of marrying a local woman is not a strange thing

the ratio between Somali men and women in this country are uneven hence intermixing is not a choice but survival

lol

Trending