I CLAIMED ETHIOPIAN

This white 50- 60 year old man approached me and ask where i was from, as a paranoid person I quicky said ETHIOPIA lmao, he then goes he use to help a ethiopian girl before with her assignents, he use to do grammar and spell check & she was one of the first ethiopian girl to finish uni here, I was like cool, he proceeds to ask me where in Ethiopia I am from i tell him “Somali region” 😂 and he goes thats in the east right, im like yeah. He then goes on to talk about how he done human development paper for her and he aslo got to work at school for a while too, and it was a good experience for him, i lied and said i was studing teaching 🤣he then says if i need any help with my assignents he can help me and gave me his buisness card and says “god bless you”.

Their was something sinister about this old man. He dressed like a homless, had a missing teeth, and smelled like rubbish.
z3zrULC

I've never in my life felt the need to claim anything else and I've been asked and mistaken for Eritrean and Ethiopian before. When I say I'm Somali I get nothing but positive reactions, it's always "oh you're so beautiful" and "Somalis are so beautiful". All this thinking you'll get ostracized for being Somali is a mental thing alot of you have made up in your heads. Nobody hates Somalis.

@SOULSEARCHING Shes cooking you lmaoo. Na fight back

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
@SOULSEARCHING Shes cooking you lmaoo. Na fight back
:gucciwhat:I've already said it's not about her and I was speaking generally. Plus I don't argue with gabdhaha here only you h0e ass ninjas so if you wanna go sxb
tumblr_fe60902510404a6035fe4398bb191c75_b5cec1b8_400.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I claim Ethiopian & Eritrean with my chest when I’m in an uber with a Somali uber driver, no shame

The minute they find out you’re Somali they wanna start acting like your adeer lecturing you and shit. I don’t got time for it. Ana habesha

I never lied about my ethnicity before. I don't wear a hijab so people mistake me for other Northeast Africans and it would be easy for me to lie but there is no need for it.

I had a recent encounter with a Somali adeer. He was very cordial but what he said struck me as a surprise. He told me that some Somali girls blatantly lie about their ethnicity even when they look undeniably Somali. He also said his daughter warned him not to talk to Somali girls during rides as they can be rude and abrasive.

I had to tell him Somalis were different personality-wise and sometimes these girls act adversarially because of their home lives. He agreed.

They usually don't lecture you if you're an adult. Ahem. The question should be why feel the need to lie. You could just respectfully say you're tired or have a headache and not indulge in conversation.
giphy.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That ain't true. I drive Somali girls and boys all the time in Ubers and I never lecture them not do they try claim Ethiopian. I even drove Gay Somali boys. And oh a Somali person who tries to claim Ethiopian to me is only gonna embarrass him/herself. I did have 1 actual Ahmhar Somali dude though who is from Ethiopia JigJiga side and he speaks Somali and Ahmar, he came to USA as a teacher professor for research but he just decided to stay for good and he told me all about it.

You mean Somali Ethiopian, not Amhara Somali, such a thing doesn't exist. :sass2:

I never lied about my ethnicity before. I don't wear a hijab so people mistake me for other Northeast Africans and it would be easy for me to lie but there is no need for it.

I had a recent encounter with a Somali adeer. He was very cordial but what he said struck me as a surprise. He told me that some Somali girls blatantly lie about their ethnicity even when they look undeniably Somali. He also said his daughter warned him not to talk to Somali girls during rides as they can be rude and abrasive.

I had to tell him Somalis were different personality-wise and sometimes these girls act adversarially because of their home lives. He agreed.

They usually don't lecture you if you're an adult. Ahem. The question should be why feel the need to lie. You could just respectfully say you're tired or have a headache and not indulge in conversation.
giphy.gif
Speak for yourself I had an adeer give me a whole lecture once because I was not wearing hijab and was not dressed modestly enough for his liking. All I said was that I was somali when he asked & nothing more but this mf wanted to act like he was my dad and we were in the middle of hargeisa. Like nigga if I want to wear wear that’s my business

If you wanna pretend that older somali men don’t act overly intrusive when they find out you are somali as well then okay. But my experiences tell me that claiming another ethnicity from jump gets weirdos to leave me alone. Do you and ima do me. You know what im just gonna claim comorian from now on I’m mixed w it anyway

That ain't true. I drive Somali girls and boys all the time in Ubers and I never lecture them not do they try claim Ethiopian. I even drove Gay Somali boys. And oh a Somali person who tries to claim Ethiopian to me is only gonna embarrass him/herself. I did have 1 actual Ahmhar Somali dude though who is from Ethiopia JigJiga side and he speaks Somali and Ahmar, he came to USA as a teacher professor for research but he just decided to stay for good and he told me all about it.
Older somali drivers do. I claim every ethnicity under the sun when I’m with one of them and idc. Whatever will get me a peaceful buuq free ride

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Speak for yourself I had an adeer give me a whole lecture once because I was not wearing hijab and was not dressed modestly enough for his liking. All I said was that I was somali when he asked & nothing more but this mf wanted to act like he was my dad and we were in the middle of hargeisa. Like nigga if I want to wear **** wear that’s my business

If you wanna pretend that older somali men don’t act overly intrusive when they find out you are somali as well then okay. But my experiences tell me that claiming another ethnicity from jump gets weirdos to leave me alone. Do you and ima do me. You know what im just gonna claim comorian from now on I’m mixed w it anyway

I have never had that experience. Most of my interactions are caadi. :sass2: My advice - develop your facility for answering questions or shutting them down. And the energy you give off is what you get back in return. Your irritation/lack of composure after his lecture got the better of you. Patience is a virtue.

I have never had that experience. Most of my interactions are caadi. :sass2: My advice - develop your facility for answering questions or shutting them down. And the energy you give off is what you get back in return. Your irritation/lack of composure after his lecture got the better of you. Patience is a virtue.

Somali Canadians are different.

It’s more likely they’re from the UK where Somali people have animosity towards one another.

I had these two stupid Amxarro ask me where I was from I said Somali region but grew up in Somalia to f*ck with them they proceed to tell me I'm basically Ethiopian I tell them no I'm Somali Same as Somalis in Somali region they got pissed these people really want to erase everyone's identity in order to push this "Ethiopian" project.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I felt like I was in danger so i lied, this man could be a serial killer, stalker etc i did this for my safety lol but fucked up when I said Somali region 🤣

Trending