I AM VERY UPSET. MY DNA 23andme report is IN :(

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
91 % Somali.

7 % Ethiopian

I can't share the rest of the results. I am upset because Europe blood is not in my DNA!

Why??? How can i be 91% Somali??? This is really aggravating.

My Haplogroup is L3f – Northeast Africa, Sahel, Arabian peninsula, Iberia. Gaalien,[21] Beja[21]

My friend Aisha has L2a1 Haplogroup. I understand L2 is the most common in the entire African continent.

Can someone please HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS????

You have more Neanderthal DNA than 2% of other customers

What does this Neanderthal mean? How can i take this serious yaaqqe?

your DNA suggests that 7% of your ancestry is Ethiopian & Eritrean.

Despite recent conflict, Eritreans and Ethiopians were united under the powerful Kingdom of Aksum for almost 1,000 years until its collapse in 940 CE, and their DNA reflects that shared history. The region has also served as a crossroads between Africa and the Arabian Peninsula for tens of thousands of years. Today, most Ethiopians and Eritreans have both East African and Arabian ancestry and speak Afro-Asiatic languages, including Oromo, Tigrinya, Arabic, and Amharic.

your DNA suggests that 91% of your ancestry is Somali

Most ethnic Somalis live in Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya, or Djibouti, and speak Somali – a member of the larger Cushitic language family spoken from southern Egypt to northern Tanzania. While united by strong religious traditions rooted in the spread of Islam from the Arabian Peninsula, almost all ethnic Somalis harbor ancient ancestral roots in northern east Africa and share genetic similarities with other Cushitic-speaking groups, like the Oromo people of Ethiopia. With a deep history of pastoralism, many Somalis continue to rely on goat, sheep, camel, and cattle herding for their subsistence.

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
regions in Somalia i have most in common with DNA is Banadir -- coastal...i guess i that explains the asian portion in my DNA . Thru Shabeele river, we wuz children of Asian merchants

Apollo

VIP
regions in Somalia i have most in common with DNA is Banadir -- coastal...i guess i that explains the asian portion in my DNA . Thru Shabeele river, we wuz children of Asian merchants

The region of Somalia assignment on 23andMe is fake and inaccurate.

It is based on where people who already took a 23andMe test fill in where their grandparents were born and since the majority of the Somali diaspora in the West (including many Isaaq and Puntlanders) left from Mogadishu that's why everyone gets Banaadir on 23andMe. It is not based on reference samples from there unlike the Somali percentage.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The region of Somalia assignment on 23andMe is fake and inaccurate.

It is based on where people who already took a 23andMe test fill in where their grandparents were born and since the majority of the Somali diaspora in the West left from Mogadishu that's why everyone gets Banaadir on 23andMe. It is not based on reference samples from there like the Somali percentage is.

That makes sense walaahi. The staff of 23andme need to go to all regions of Somalia and collect dna, that way at least u can get it right as far as regions

For me, none of my family live or ever lived in Banadir. Maybe Kismaayo yes

Apollo

VIP
That makes sense walaahi. The staff of 23andme need to go to all regions of Somalia and collect dna, that way at least u can get it right as far as regions

For me, none of my family live or ever lived in Banadir. Maybe Kismaayo yes

Go to the relative finder tool and either view their profile or contact the ~40 closest people to you. That is a better way to discover which part of Somalia you are really from.

Trending

Latest posts