I am Najib aka IsTalkCheap on Youtube -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialAMA

Verified
Not yet, their still auditioning in California and Canada, but we'll find out soon! It was pretty chill and an easy process for me

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
@OfficialNajib , welcome to the forum.

Do you think Youtube is a viable career path for you? Have you monetized your youtube videos yet?

OfficialAMA

Verified
@OfficialNajib , welcome to the forum.

Do you think Youtube is a viable career path for you? Have you monetized your youtube videos yet?
Yes I have and yeah I believe it is worth venturing into if you have the talent and skills to do so. It's all about creativity and talent on YouTube and as long as you have a growing audience for that you'd be making a lot.

OfficialAMA

Verified
The Recruiters will touch a controversial topic (i.e recruitment for ISIS and Al-Shabab). Do you get people who tell you not to join the show because it might be biased?
I believe the content will shed light on some of the Somali youth in America and the endeavors they must go through... With k'naan being the creator and director I don't think it'll be biased but justified.

Yes I have and yeah I believe it is worth venturing into if you have the talent and skills to do so. It's all about creativity and talent on YouTube and as long as you have a growing audience for that you'd be making a lot.

bro i got question about youtubing. how many subscribers and view count you need to make good money? u have 10,000 & 1 million so I fink u the best person to ask

McD30

Bored to death
I believe the content will shed light on some of the Somali youth in America and the endeavors they must go through... With k'naan being the creator and director I don't think it'll be biased but justified.

Have you been casted other shows or is it your first time? I also want to know if they use your youtube videos as reference for your acting abilities? And do you personally know any Somalis who have been casted in TV series?

Thanks.

OfficialAMA

Verified
bro i got question about youtubing. how many subscribers and view count you need to make good money? u have 10,000 & 1 million so I fink u the best person to ask
It all depends to be frank. It's all about the ads on your videos and the amount of time the ads are played or clicked by the viewers.

OfficialAMA

Verified
Have you been casted other shows or is it your first time? I also want to know if they use your youtube videos as reference for your acting abilities? And do you personally know any Somalis who have been casted in TV series?

Thanks.
Other thank Barkhad from Captain Phillips, I'm not familiar with any Somalis who are on shows. You could use YouTube as a reference if you believe it'll help with the voting process. And yes, it was my first time.

@OfficialNajib Have you ever thought of starting or acting in independent somali film projects?

And as an experienced person in the media industry , what do you think are the challenges that face Somalias media industry or future media industry, especially when it comes to owning and controlling image of self? and how do we tackle them in terms of strengthening Somali agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending