I am just getting so depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrycat

not so sad after all
Every time the reality of my life sinks in, I feel a huge wave of sadness and I feel like such a loser at the game of life. I wish at times I could become an ascetic an devote my life to prayer so I wouldn't have to think about everything else.

angrycat

not so sad after all
What's making you so sad
I'ven't accomplished anything and this was my projected college grad year. I had it all mapped out when I was a kid, young and ambitious and fell through the cracks over the years.
@Baraf I'm sorry you had to accept it.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
the biggest loss out there is the loss towards Allah swt so that's a different outlook of things

Nothing is ever too late!!!! Don't feel so under-accomplished, not everyone is perfect. I for one just changed my degree despite the fact that I had one more year left to take the MCAT. Don't let others put you down. Map things out the way you did it before but this time about what you are going to get DONE.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I'ven't accomplished anything and this was my projected college grad year. I had it all mapped out when I was a kid, young and ambitious and fell through the cracks over the years.

I don't miss college at all

:damedamn:

You're still young tho so you can still turn things around fam. Remember no plan survives contact with the enemy.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Depression is from the whispers of shayateen.

If you feel you have reached your lowest point then you can only go up from there so you shouldn't be depressed.

Every time the reality of my life sinks in, I feel a huge wave of sadness and I feel like such a loser at the game of life. I wish at times I could become an ascetic an devote my life to prayer so I wouldn't have to think about everything else.
Human of New York

“I didn’t go to college until I was fifty. I was working as a custodian and it just got tiresome. You could find me in the exact same place, at the exact same time, every single day. Clean the halls, clean the classrooms, clean the bathroom. I wasn’t feeling fulfilled. I started going to college classes on the nights and weekends. It was difficult because I was always tired. There’d be times when I didn’t want to do an assignment or I didn’t want to go to school because it was raining. But my professors kept telling me: ‘You’re not looking for a job anymore. You’re looking for a career.’ I graduated five years ago with my BA. Then 2.5 years later I got my Masters. Now I’m a parent coordinator at the same school where I worked as a custodian. I get to counsel parents about how their children can get the most out of school. My confidence has doubled. I used to be unsure about speaking up, because I didn’t feel qualified to offer my opinion, but now I’ll stop parents on the street– just to make sure that their child is on the right track. Some people in my position get stressed when they’re given a heavy workload, like: ‘Why do I have to do this?’ I always think: ‘I get to do this.’ I’ve been working in the Department of Education for thirty years, so I could retire next year with benefits. But I don’t want to. Because I love my job. Every day is different.”

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
@sadsomali I know how you feel I used to think maybe If I had alot of money this feeling would go away turns out it didnt I still feel the same ive just accepted It its ok to not feel fine all the time

Depression kills so many people, if you are lucky like I am, you identify it within you

You see it's there. You realize that all those times, all those foolish, self destructive moments....they didn't make sense; they were moments when your mind's bad wiring got the best of you

Hubble

VIP

So you're in your early 20's and you think it's too late to start afresh? Dude this is the perfect time to go to college. You'll get better grades than if you went in your late teens because you'll be less distracted and more determined. I say go back to school! I know a woman who was in the fashion industry and she got into a car accident which disfigured her. She wasn't a model and she was in her late 30's but people stopped booking her because of her scars and other issues. She's now a nurse and she's really happy. It's never too late.

i know life can sometimes be a big pain in the ass for all of us. Even for the most accomplished people out there. I don't mean to come across as insensitive but the true test of a persons ability to accomplish is to come back up after things don't go as planned. If you look at some of the most successful people out there you will see them failing,dropping out several times before they make it big. That's because they have accepted struggles and failure as an inescapable part of life and a critically important part of any successful life.

Depression is very serious , life will be much worse for you if you dvelve in it and you might end up going down a terrible road. If it gets too much the best thing is to try to look for help, maybe talk to your friends, family ,doctor or school guidance counselor.

By all means do not compare yourself to others and the most important thing is to have some hopes for the future.

LooL whenever i feel down, i compare myself to that single mom in Toronto with the 4 kid.

And then i say Alxamdulilah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending