I am a overachiever but i don't get any credit for my work

I work with some idiots in a company and in that company I do everything but I'm not that active at my work and do things at my own pace. But when I am active and energized then I get the job done while my co-workers sit there doing a task for a whole week and I do that task in one day. My boss does not see me in my active days and listens to my co-workers saying I'm a lazy guy and all. I do everything better than them and faster even in my not-so-active times. When I try to help them, they say stay in your own field. They always trying to take my credit for work I do like I write 4000-word rapport and in that rapport, they write 300 words and say "we did it together" I'm going to my boss on Monday to complain about people not appreciating me and my work and taking credit for my shit.
Should I just quit my job?

Last edited:

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
I work with some idiots in a company and in that company I do everything but I'm not that active at my work and do things at my own pace. But when I am active and energized then I get the job done while my co-workers sit there doing a task for a whole week and do that task in one day. My boss does not see me in my active days and listens to my co-workers saying I'm a lazy guy and all. I do everything better than them and faster even in my not-so-active times. When I try to help them they say stay in your own field. They always trying to take my credit for work I do like I write 4000-word rapport and in that rapport, they write 300 words and say "we did it together" I'm going to my boss on Monday to complain about people not appreciating me and my work and take credit for my shit.
get a raise or quit bro your efforts are not being appreciated enough.

Do the bare minimum like your colleagues and only apply yourself when you have a work review coming up or something. Most companies wouldn't appreciate your hard work, they'll use you to pick up everyone else's stack. Being an overachiever will probably make your colleagues resent you, you're drawing attention to how lazy and unproductive they are lol

Working hard unless you specifically have a goal in mind is pointless, it's not like your dad's a part-owner sxb. Work at the same pace as everyone else, get your paycheck and bounce abti.

Keeysan

The humble one
If you really like the job you can find a way of making your bosses notice it, set a trap if I can say. I know a guy who hustled through and when he threatened to quit business began looking shaky. His colleagues had a panic in that small time he was gone.
You could do @Nak-Muay-Kru 's style. Lay back and then invest that energy in your personal plans

I work with some idiots in a company and in that company I do everything but I'm not that active at my work and do things at my own pace. But when I am active and energized then I get the job done while my co-workers sit there doing a task for a whole week and I do that task in one day. My boss does not see me in my active days and listens to my co-workers saying I'm a lazy guy and all. I do everything better than them and faster even in my not-so-active times. When I try to help them, they say stay in your own field. They always trying to take my credit for work I do like I write 4000-word rapport and in that rapport, they write 300 words and say "we did it together" I'm going to my boss on Monday to complain about people not appreciating me and my work and taking credit for my shit.

Let me guess, majority white job?
If you're in the United States this makes sense.
You don't ever do more than you're asked. Mediocre whites will always get recognized and treated better than you in corporate systems. They'll even get promotions faster. The sooner you get blackpilled the better. Make your money and invest so you never have to work for another person and be at their mercy.

Last edited:

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Quit your job and start your own business it is probably very annoying to please another human all day I have never worked for anyone in my entire life and I am retired at 20

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads

Nah bro, don't quit. What you're going thru is tough, my advice would be to document every contribution by your teammates or ask your boss to take on assignments solo so that he can see you shine.
Tell him/her you prefer to do things on your own.

Trending