I’ve noticed that the most ancient artifacts that are found in northern Somalia are Greek and Roman artifacts

I’ve noticed that the most ancient artifacts that are found in northern Somalia is Greek and Roman artifacts could it be that there might have been Greek and roman settlements in the north and have their treasures there

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
if it where then there would've been greek or roman loan words in our language and some traces of it in the genes of those that live in the north but most likely northern somalia was a pit stop a place to get some resources/trade with the locals before taking off to india

if it where then there would've been greek or roman loan words in our language and some traces of it in the genes of those that live in the north but most likely northern somalia was a pit stop a place to get some resources/trade with the locals before taking off to india
I mean we had arab Indian settlers in the north but there is no traces of there genes and loan words in us and out language

They found stones with hieroglyphics writing in the north walahi we need go underwater I believe that the puntite civilization sank in the Red Sea just like how most of Egyptian civilization sank the in Mediterranean sea

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
I mean we had arab Indian settlers in the north but there is no traces of there genes and loan words in us and out language
there are arab loan words in our lingo and there some traces of arab blood in the genes some northerns indian might be less noticeable but im sure its there

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
They found stones with hieroglyphics writing in the north walahi we need go underwater I believe that the puntite civilization sank in the Red Sea just like how most of Egyptian civilization sank the in Mediterranean sea
true there is this one egyptian city thats compeltely submerged underwater so i would not be surprised if enitre cities are burried under the sand like persepolis was

there are arab loan words in our lingo and there some traces of arab blood in the genes some northerns indian might be less noticeable but im sure its there
I mean they did find ancient south Arabian writings in Puntland possibilities himyratue kingdom

I think there never was any big settlements in the north at that time , the geography of the region doesn't support urban life , that part was always sparsely populated , I think there might been small seasonal coastal trading posts , where the arabs and other foreign traders used to come and trade with the locals

I think there never was any big settlements in the north at that time , the geography of the region doesn't support urban life , that part was always sparsely populated , I think there might been small seasonal coastal trading posts , where the arabs and other foreign traders used to come and trade with the locals
theyve found south arabian scriptures in puntland tho could be from himyarte or sabean kingdoms

Som

VIP
I’ve noticed that the most ancient artifacts that are found in northern Somalia is Greek and Roman artifacts could it be that there might have been Greek and roman settlements in the north and have their treasures there
No. It was mostly through trading. Romans and greeks knew about us and visited somali city states but never settled as it was too difficult to found colonies so far away

Som

VIP
It's still negligible if compared to benadiris in the south. The north had few arabs mainly in Zeila but even there the majority was somali and afar

Trending