I’ve heard Morden Assyrians has nothing to do with ancient Assyrians?

What i mean is that the Assyrians (today world ) is religious group while the old Assyrians was ethic group

The religious group carries indo European while the old ethic carries semetic group .

Is it true ?

I don't know anything about them, but if the religious group have Indo-European admixture, that doesn't mean they have "nothing" to do with Ancient Assyrians.

I don't know anything about them, but if the religious group have Indo-European admixture, that doesn't mean they have "nothing" to do with Ancient Assyrians.
I mean it’s cause
Apparently the Ancient Assyrian was Semitic group who has semetic dna and haplogroup while the current Assyrian have non of that
They have more indo European blood as well haplogroup and the closest people to then is Armenian, Greek etc

I mean it’s cause
Apparently the Ancient Assyrian was Semitic group who has semetic dna and haplogroup while the current Assyrian have non of that
They have more indo European blood as well haplogroup and the closest people to then is Armenian, Greek etc
Haplogroups don't tell the full story and the widespread distribution of A and E1, both Nilotic-related and Cushtic-related lineages among Nubians to now the overwhelming distribution of J1 is an example. This doesn't mean Nubians don't descend from Ancient Nubians.

I'd focus more on autosomal DNA. Population replacement also isn't a common occurrence as far as the Levant is concerned.

Haplogroups don't tell the full story and the widespread distribution of A and E1, both Nilotic-related and Cushtic-related lineages among Nubians to now the overwhelming distribution of J1 is an example. This doesn't mean Nubians don't descend from Ancient Nubians.

I'd focus more on autosomal DNA. Population replacement also isn't a common occurrence as far as the Levant is concerned.
Doesn’t that mean does Nubian with J1 have Arab forefathers not Nubians ?
I mean it make sense the Arabs did went to Sudan and intermarry people there

J1 has been in Sudan for thousands of years I believe, it isn't a recent haplogroup. It should also be mentioned that paternal haplogroups make up less than 1% of a person's DNA, and isn't the sole determinant for someone's ancestry.

If you want to see if a current population has any relation to an ancient group, you have to look at the autosomal DNA.

J1 has been in Sudan for thousands of years I believe, it isn't a recent haplogroup. It should also be mentioned that paternal haplogroups make up less than 1% of a person's DNA, and isn't the sole determinant for someone's ancestry.

If you want to see if a current population has any relation to an ancient group, you have to look at the autosomal DNA.

Wasn't J1 restricted to the Beja? Is there any actual evidence that the Nubians carried this haplogroup prior to the Arab infiltrations?

Wasn't J1 restricted to the Beja? Is there any actual evidence that the Nubians carried this haplogroup prior to the Arab infiltrations?
No even Copts have J1. Egyptians including ancients have hefty amounts of Iranian Neolithic, meaning that J1 would have appeared when the Neolithic iranians arrived in the Nile Valley.

No even Copts have J1. Egyptians including ancients have hefty amounts of Iranian Neolithic, meaning that J1 would have appeared when the Neolithic iranians arrived in the Nile Valley.

Yes, but did the Nubians have J1 prior to the arrival of the Arabs?

:cosbyhmm:

Then it make sense
Semetic ethics was in Egypt
As far as I remember ancient Egyptians expanded sons of Ishmael territories

There are different types of J1 in Egyp/Sudan

Some came during the chalcolithic, some during the Bronze Age with Semitic tribes like Amorites, Hyksos etc, some came during the Iron Age while the vast majority came during the Islamic expansion period and specially during and after the Mamluk period for Sudan. Most Sudanese J1 is young and Arabian sourced.

Assyrians are from Akkadians and Amorites. Most Iraqis of today would be Akkadians-Amorites-Assyrians-Arameans. The southern half of Iraq facing the Arabian peninsula would be heavily Arabian. Lakhmids were from Yemen for example. The Assyrians just cling to this title because they reject Arabism and Islam. They are no different than modern Iraqis not including the Kurds and Persians of course

Assyrians are from Akkadians and Amorites. Most Iraqis of today would be Akkadians-Amorites-Assyrians-Arameans. The southern half of Iraq facing the Arabian peninsula would be heavily Arabian. Lakhmids were from Yemen for example. The Assyrians just cling to this title because they reject Arabism and Islam. They are no different than modern Iraqis not including the Kurds and Persians of course
Yh but those “Assyrian just cling to this title because they reject Arabism” don’t have Semitic haplogroup/DNA rather they have Greek/ Armenian and they’re the closest group to those Assyrian cling the title Assyrian name.

It’s confirmed the Assyrian was semetic group but however these ain’t so I’m confused

Yh but those “Assyrian just cling to this title because they reject Arabism” don’t have Semitic haplogroup/DNA rather they have Greek/ Armenian and they’re the closest group to those Assyrian cling the title Assyrian name.

It’s confirmed the Assyrian was semetic group but however these ain’t so I’m confused
OG assyrians were a Semitic group but overtime just mixed with their neighbours which would include the Indo European speakers. I’m pretty sure on G25 assyrians are closest to Armenians.
Also assyrians were a god damn menace during the bronze/Iron Age it’s a good thing Christianity pacified these niggas.

OG assyrians were a Semitic group but overtime just mixed with their neighbours which would include the Indo European speakers. I’m pretty sure on G25 assyrians are closest to Armenians.
Also assyrians were a god damn menace during the bronze/Iron Age it’s a good thing Christianity pacified these niggas.
Yh I’ve heard the one’s destroyed nabi suliman temple and also spread the Aramaic language

They have Arab forefathers of course but I think you're forgetting, a family tree is very large and extensive with numerous roots going back to numerous families, tribes, and eventually ethnicities. Having some Arab ancestors doesn't dismiss the hundreds of other ancestors that were not of Arabian origin.

A haplogroup doesn't tell the full story.

Yes of course but depending on the region and tribe, J1 is owed more to recent Arab migrations than it is to some earlier Near Eastern admixture. For Arabized Nubians, J1 is probably more to do with pre-existing Eurasian admixture yet for more southern groups like the Misseriya and Shanabla Arabs, I imagine their more ambiguous non-arab origins suggest most of their J1 is easily correlated to Peninsular Arab expansion in Sudan. It varies.