I’m thinking of creating a website for Naxwaha afsoomaaliga

I want to create a website like this
——
There are no good websites for naxwe, so I thought I should create one.

I'm currently researching websites and how to build them. I'm considering using platforms like Wix, Squarespace, or WordPress to create my website.

At the moment, I'm inclined towards using WordPress. However, I'm still contemplating whether I should invest time in learning HTML, CSS, Java, and other coding languages, or if I should rely on WordPress's pre-built features.

Initially, the website will be targeted towards Somalis, and then I intend to expand its availability to other languages.

note:
What do you all think ?

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
I would hope there is some education grant out there to help with this project. With funds you can probably outsource coding using sites like fiver

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
Before i can give any feedback i have a few questions first.
1) why make it? like there is already lots of courses/books on this. Maybe the reason there is no good websites for naxwe is because there is no demand for them?
2) Who is it targeted towards? like people that are learning the laguage? people that know the language but are trying to understand how the somali language actually works? etc

As for learning HTML/CSS/Java, imho it's not worth it. The website you have in mind seems to be a blog-type website. Website builders like wix and wordpress can perfectly handle that and save you soo much time, and will also probably be alot more convenient, secure, and easy to use than whatever you can build with java (no offence here :)). The only time you'd want to create a website from scratch is when you want your website to be very custom.

With that being said, i think if you do it right and there is demand for it, it's a pretty neat idea

@xiin-finiin

First of all, thank you so much. Second here is the answers.

1. Why make it ?

The availability of learning materials for the Somali language is limited for both native speakers and new learners. I have personally encountered numerous individuals from the diaspora and daljoogta who express a desire to learn Somali grammar and as language but struggle to find suitable resources. This website aims to break down the barriers by providing accessible learning materials for those seeking to learn the Somali language.

2. Are there many courses/books available to learn the Somali language?
No, there are very limited options, and they tend to be expensive.

3.Regarding the audience for this website, it primarily caters to native Somali speakers who have an interest in learning Somali grammar. The main goal of the website is to serve as a resource for Somali grammar learners.

Note:
I’m open to expanding right now I have to have vocal point.

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
@xiin-finiin

First of all, thank you so much. Second here is the answers.

1. Why make it ?

The availability of learning materials for the Somali language is limited for both native speakers and new learners. I have personally encountered numerous individuals from the diaspora and daljoogta who express a desire to learn Somali grammar and as language but struggle to find suitable resources. This website aims to break down the barriers by providing accessible learning materials for those seeking to learn the Somali language.

2. Are there many courses/books available to learn the Somali language?
No, there are very limited options, and they tend to be expensive.

3.Regarding the audience for this website, it primarily caters to native Somali speakers who have an interest in learning Somali grammar. The main goal of the website is to serve as a resource for Somali grammar learners.

Note:
I’m open to expanding right now I have to have vocal point.
well then great, you seem to have everything figured out :). Just a recommendation though, if the target is diaspora people, i'd recommend having it in english or at least english with somali. even though somali is my first language, i still find it very hard/slow to read it so i give up on reading somali books after like the first page cuz it takes too long.
Other than that, Good luck and keeps us updated.

Trending