I’m going to Somalia for the first time next week!!😂😅🙌🏾

Asc Everyone. I’m going to somaliland aka northern Somalia for the first time next week with my Hooyo, siblings, cousin and adeero. We are going to Hargeisa, Berbera and Burco for a month. I don’t really want to because I’m scared of Somalis and my Somali skills are so average being a 24 year old man, but Hooyo has been wanting to travel back home for years and I have to go with her as her bodyguard/helper. I can’t wait to finally see the land and culture my ancestors are from. Inshallah it’s going to be an experience of a lifetime. I know it’s a bad time to travel to Somaliland because of the war and poverty and clan tension has gon up, but my Adeero has been telling me it’s not as bad as it seems on the media. Plus I can’t let Hooyo go alone without me. Anyway give me some advice on what to do and how to deal with the locals? I’m going to give away a lot money and gifts to poor family member I’ve never met. I rarely post on this site but I lurk here from time to time because you guys are hilarious. My and my family are Norwegians.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Enjoy you will make memories for a lifetime and reconnect with roots. it’s blessing to have means to vacation back home

Takk for rådene dine. Æ skal prøve å passe inn så godt æ kan i hjemlandet, det å komme godt overens med andre mennesker har æ alltid vært flink til, tror det kommer til gå fint Inshallah. Jeg skal prøve å være smart og unngå å si/gjøre noe dumt mens æ er der😂👍

Takk for rådene dine. Æ skal prøve å passe inn så godt æ kan i hjemlandet, det å komme godt overens med andre mennesker har æ alltid vært flink til, tror det kommer til gå fint Inshallah. Jeg skal prøve å være smart og unngå å si/gjøre noe dumt mens æ er der😂👍
@ The alchemist. Sorry this answer is for you. I’m new on this siste.

Lower your expectations, and you are going to lose some pounds cuz the food is shit
Yes, we are full aware of the risk of food poisoning/bacteria fluids/diarrhoea.
We have some rules we are going to follow:
Only drink distilled bottled water, no fruits/smoothies, no street food, careful of the restaurants foods, we are mostly going to eat food cooked by us at our home.

stay away from very crowded and expensive places. those places attract government officials and thus are prone to terrorist attacks. take care and enjoy.

Trending

Latest posts