I’m a centrist in most political issues, that’s why I have many rivalries

Status
Not open for further replies.
In almost all political issues, economy, immigration, race issues, foreign policy, etc etc I tend to agree with both sides, and frankly there aren’t many friends in the center.

You’re either expected to be on the left or right.

Name any important political issue and I will present two good opposite arguments.

ColloquiallyFluent

That one dude with the prosthetic arm.
I too am a centrist in most issues but even the they'll call you a fence rider. Can't make everyone happy I guess.
:manny:

Economy

The left likes to redistribute, but you have to think about the budget size, also high taxes is bad for business and entrepreneurship.

But you need to have some redistribution otherwise social discontent can cause big problems, people might say the system is rigged. also it’s a good way to spend tax money.

So the truth is somewhere in the middle

Immigration

The left won’t amid the problems it causes, it destroys social harmony. Lawyers wages of working class, housing shortage and conflicts.

The right won’t say the solution. How do you stop Africans crossing the Mediterranean Sea? You can’t without a military force, think about the humanitarian disaster when thousands drown? Why don’t Trump build that 40 billion dollar wall?

Police shooting blacs

Yes police are targeting blacks disproportionately, yes blacks are arrested for less than a white crimes.

And yes blacks have higher crime rate, yes they have violent neighborhoods.

So both truths exist

Affirmative action/diversity

People will think the system is rigged if a particular group isn’t represented proportionally, even if it’s under perfect meritocracy, so positive discrimination is necessary if you want a happy population

Meritocracy is important too, I drives people to work hard towards a goal. Also the best people should do the job

Police shooting blacs

Yes police are targeting blacks disproportionately, yes blacks are arrested for less than a white crimes.

And yes blacks have higher crime rate, yes they have violent neighborhoods.

So both truths exist
You're from Norway why do you care about such issues. Talk about issues related to Scandinavia like children being taken away from parents and put into foster care at alarming rates or the muslim ghettos where Muslim immigrants aren't being integrated.. not American issues.

Last edited:
Affirmative action/diversity

People will think the system is rigged if a particular group isn’t represented proportionally, even if it’s under perfect meritocracy, so positive discrimination is necessary if you want a happy population

Meritocracy is important too, I drives people to work hard towards a goal. Also the best people should do the job
If a certain race is underrepresented in a certain academic field making it easier for them to join it is the retarded way of going about it.
Are they not capable of doing it themselves like everybody else? They'll feel unworthy, insecure and may develop imposter syndrome from this affirmative action.
It's better to help them for the bottom up.

You're from Norway why do you care about such issues. Talk about issues related to Scandinavia like children being taken away from parents and put into foster care at alarming rates or the muslim ghettos where Muslim immigrants aren't being integrated.. not American issues.

Lots of Somalis have lost children but you know they hit kids

It’s not a big issue here, and it’s a boring country

If a certain race is underrepresented in a certain academic field making it easier for them to join it is the retarded way of going about it.
Are they not capable of doing it themselves like everybody else? They'll feel unworthy, insecure and may develop imposter syndrome from this affirmative action.
It's better to help them for the bottom up.

That’s not relevant, dumb people will demand representation and unless you want a revolution it’s best you give them.

That’s the issue, people don’t like perfect meritocracy, look at the right complaining about Jewish controlling and over-representation.

Meritocracy isn’t always agreed on

Lots of Somalis have lost children but you know they hit kids

It’s not a big issue here, and it’s a boring country
The Muslims who aren't being integrated and feel left out and unemployed aren't an issue? I beg to differ.
I hear there are a lot of religious extremists their as a result some even went to Syria. Atleast north American Muslims feel like they're a part of their country and rarely go nuts like their European counterparts.

Last edited:
That’s not relevant, dumb people will demand representation and unless you want a revolution it’s best you give them.

That’s the issue, people don’t like perfect meritocracy, look at the right complaining about Jewish controlling and over-representation.

Meritocracy isn’t always agreed on
Forcing representation is the wrong way to go about it.
Scandinavia is going through this whole gender representation experiment. They're removing genders from kids stories so as to not give them biases and pushing this agenda hard. We'll see how it goes for them...

The Muslims who aren't being integrated and feel left out and unemployed aren't an issue? I beg to differ.
I hear there are a lot of religious extremists their as a result some even went to Syria. Atleast north American Muslims feel a part of their country and rarely go nuts like the Europeans.

Yes but it’s not big issue

I would say it’s economic, social welfare makes them lazy, they don’t have the issue in America, so it depends on where.

Yes they don’t integrate and its difficult to solve that problem, when other European countries succeed then let’s see, Muslims are a special issue.

Some went to Syria.

Europe is different from America

Forcing representation is the wrong way to go about it.
Scandinavia is going through this whole gender representation experiment. They're removing genders from kids stories so as to not give them biases and pushing this agenda hard. We'll see how it goes for them...

What’s the right way?

We’re all a little right, that’s why I’m in the center.

You have to concede some ground to push through your policy, unless you plan a political coup...

You can only be in the middle of you can detach facts from feelings while also holding reason, it’s an exclusive club

It’s an exclusive club but actually sucks being a centrist because you expose yourself to unnecessary rivalry , I pray to the universe that it makes me less smart every day

You say Norway is a boring country meanwhile they are at the forefront of attempting to tackle many sociological issues. Let's see how this gov't intervention will turn out. I feel many of these policies will backfire on them.

There are more gender differences in Scandinavia because of these policies than anywhere else.

6bf.png

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I'm also a centrist. It's because most people are too stupid to expect a political party without any flaws. The left and right are dumb in some issues. The fact that their followers accept their flaws, is simply a demonstration of their own flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending