Hypothetical question for xalimos

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • For faraaxs

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Would u consider being in a relationship with a marine engineer if he was at seas for six months and home six months? It’s a well paying job btw.

Unfortunately no.

I would have said no, but my merciful side got the best of me.

Tbh, working far away from home has a lot of cons. I personally wish that if I ever got married my husband works close by or we work together overseas.

Six months at sea? I would start wondering if a shark ate him.:wowsweat:

Would u consider being in a relationship with a marine engineer if he was at seas for six months and home six months? It’s a well paying job btw.
I would have said no, but my merciful side got the best of me.

Tbh, working far away from home has a lot of cons. I personally wish that if I ever got married my husband works close by or we work together overseas.

Six months at sea? I would start wondering if a shark ate him.:wowsweat:

I wouldn't want to keep my husband from having a good paying job. But family life is more important.

To start of 6500 dollars
after a few years it could go up to 15000 dollars a month

That's good. Do remember that life isn't all about money. Many women would rather their husbands to stay close to them with less pay than having to miss them for 6 months.

Best of luck to you or the person who aspires to be a marine engineer!

What if it was temporary as in just a few years?

Masha Allah you seem ambitious.
If its temporary and will help a lot then I will accept even if it's hard. As long as we find a way in the futur of course. 6 months is a lot for a couple. But I will support my husbands ambitions. It can't go on for too too long though. Especially if we have kids. They need a father figure when they are young.

Masha Allah you seem ambitious.
If its temporary and will help a lot then I will accept even if it's hard. As long as we find a way in the futur of course. 6 months is a lot for a couple. But I will support my husbands ambitions. It can't go on for too too long though. Especially if we have kids. They need a father figure when they are young.
Thanks, i have to be to make my parents proud amd happy for once lol. Yeah i get it walal. The question just been bothering me the whole day.

Thanks, i have to be to make my parents proud amd happy for once lol. Yeah i get it walal. The question just been bothering me the whole day.

I'm sure you will make them proud and happy :). The most important thing is communication. As long as you have that with your wife/future wife everything will be fine. Good luck !

Seriously would u? :yacadiim:

7B09EEA2-0C42-4847-BCD1-D8DA18D1ED2A.gif

If you're considering becoming a marine engineer, do it. Don't let this stop you. This is a non-issue in the big picture.

Many marine engineers work on a 10 week rotation. You will not be gone for a 6 month stretch.

what is the use of all that money if you cant spend time on your family?

Seriously i would rather earn half it means i am close by

You get just under half a year off. That's a lot of time to spend with family.

Many people with demanding careers likely spend less time with their families on average. Especially those in North America (where OP seems to live) terrible work-life balance seems to be the norm.

I dont necessarily have to work that far away from them. Marine engineers can almost work everywhere and and every country. It’s just that working on ships pays moreand I have always wanted to travel and see the world.