Hundreds of families starving in Silanyo's hometown of Huluul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
It looks like planet Venus. They should go to the south where papaya drips from trees and there's grass beneath your feet.

Even that venus planet looking land can be lived on if nomadism is abandoned. If I was them I would just simply sell all those camels
before they die build the money with a moderate sized house , buy some chickens , drill a water well and you are set for life. However
knowing those nomads they never think about the long-term.

Even that venus planet looking land can be lived on if nomadism is abandoned. If I was them I would just simply sell all those camels
before they die build the money with a moderate sized house , buy some chickens , drill a water well and you are set for life. However
knowing those nomads they never think about the long-term.

Of course they don't, who has taught them or their children? They never had the luxery that we do because of the sacraficies of our parents

Somalia has great potential if we farm rights as the documentary shows, listen for the women who says she was taught something that even her forfathers did not know:

Bohol

VIP
@Steamdevolopment True Somalia (specially the south) has great farming potential when the insecurity lessens. However I see
more problems in the future with the food sources in the north since the land will become even more dry in few years. The only
option is to be fishers or raise some chickens or starve to your peril.

@Steamdevolopment True Somalia (specially the south) has great farming potential when the insecurity lessens. However I see
more problems in the future with the food sources in the north since the land will become even more dry in few years. The only
option is to be fishers or raise some chickens or starve to your peril.

Not excately farming techonology is becomming more advanced.

Example: Israel, one of driest countries on the face of the earth now has more water than it needs thanks to desalination process (Making salt water drinkable). The North could use this technology with the help of the South
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/israel-proves-the-desalination-era-is-here/

Furthermore the furtile lands around Afgoye and Jubbalands is called the bred bascket of SOMALIA, not just the South because it can feed the whole nation, even those somalididds, who at the end of the day are our brothers and sisters :salute:

Bohol

VIP
@Steamdevolopment Lets be realistic Somalia (including Somaliland) are broke backwaters, there is no way they have funds to
build a desalination plant which costs billions of dollars nor the expertise to operate one. So no point comparing it to Israel.

@Steamdevolopment Lets be realistic Somalia (including Somaliland) are broke backwaters, there is no way they have funds to
build a desalination plant which costs billions of dollars nor the expertise to operate one. So no point comparing it to Israel.

Somalia also has endless ressousrces, a strategic position and a educated diaspora which can help. Israel was just a dessert in 1949, development takes time

All we need is unity behind a goverment and working trough our problems, even without a central government somalis are making great strides

We don't need desalination we have enough water.the problem is this nomadism is not sustainable. It is stressing the land. There is far too much uncontrolled live stock rearing happening.

50 yrs ago 100 yrs ago that was fine the population was small but today it is not viable They should farm in enclosed ranches dig a well, grow hay and feed for the animals. Obviously not everyone will be able to afford it. And they will be forced to abandon this lifestyle.

Watch the land will flourish the next few years it will be green until the livestock numbers start to climb again and drought hits and their wiped out once more its a vicious cycle. Their only chance is to industrialize start factories fish farms and seek other income. Livestock should be done only commercially on ranches.

I have a ranch and their is actually a business opportunity here which I will capitalize on next time their is a drought which im not hoping for but if these guys dont change their ways will happen.

all those livestock that would otherwise perish in the drought could be bought for dirt cheap and rehabilitated just given water and hay. Which I have on my farm how long do they take to multiply? i Think females give birth twice a year. If you reach a 1000 heads that's a hundred grand. 2500-5000 would be my goal. Probably take a few years but that's a cool quarter to half million U.S If anyone wanna co invest. I got the land and water covered.

Yes all those people you see in the video recently lost their livestock and now have
nothing to eat , it is happening everywhere. This is a example why nomadism should
be abanoned it doesn't work in a such arid land. When you watch the video do you see any
productive land? or just simply dry land full of rocks.

bro what is the alternative marka. We dont do farming on a massive scale and plus we dont have the equipment, vehicles and pesticides needed. If these people flock to the cities you only gonna create refugee crises.

May allah ease their problems and worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending