Hundreds of African Americans resettle in Ghana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people forget AA build the states, it belongs to them as much as it belongs to the white men.
yes they built america and worked hard they should not leave their history behind IMO they can have dual citizenship but america is theirs just as much. they have their own culture as well we should respect that.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Ghanaians are a very nice people. Wish their country all the success.

Oprah used to claim that she originated from South Africa. When her DNA results came in, it showed her ancestors were from west Africa (nigeria or ghana precisely). she stopped donating to south africans and is not interested in africa anymore.
:chrisfreshhah:

Oprah used to claim that she originated from South Africa. When her DNA results came in, it showed her ancestors were from west Africa (nigeria or ghana precisely). she stopped donating to south africans and is not interested in africa anymore.
:chrisfreshhah:

Oprah Winfrey Delivers Possibilities to Girls in South Africa, with help from FedEx.

March 1, 2019

“I lost it. I mean, I couldn’t believe it.” That’s how 24 year-old Slee (short for Slindokuhle Accurate Mathebula) says she felt the moment she got the news that she had been accepted into the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls (OWLAG). Competition is keen for admission to the prestigious school which opened its doors in 2007 and offers an enviable academic curriculum to students from nearby communities in South Africa.

Slee is a 2013 OWLAG alum who will soon complete a graduate program at one of the leading banks in South Africa. Like many of her peers, Slee has returned to OWLAG for the latest special event– the December 1st commencement ceremony for the class of 2018.

Slee joins another returning alum, Kirsten-Lee Naidoo, Class of 2014, who has just completed her college career at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg.

The commencement is also a homecoming for Refilwe Digoamaje, who was part of the first group of learners to join OWLAG. She graduated in 2012 and is currently an intern in the Marketing Department at FedEx Express in Johannesburg.

“One of my favorite memories of OWLAG was the first time I went to the academy, Ms. Winfrey stood outside the gates waiting for us as we arrived,” recalls Refilwe. “I remember being overwhelmed by how big the campus was and the how big the buildings were. It had never occurred to me that my house back home was so tiny or that I was actually poor. And for the first time it clicked, because I could have everything and anything I wanted.”

https://about.van.fedex.com/blog/oprah-winfrey-girls-south-africa/

Status
Not open for further replies.