Hundreds of African Americans resettle in Ghana

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP

This is so awesome, more of them should be doing this and helping build their nation. Africa should be doing more to attract these people, especially the young educated ones. I noticed African Americans recently started traveling more so this might actually happen.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I don't care.
unnamed.gif

Ghana will emerge as the hottest tourist spot in West Africa, trust me.
They recently had an event in Ghana called Afrochella, and many Black American celebrities attended.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

This is so awesome, more of them should be doing this and helping build their nation. Africa should be doing more to attract these people, especially the young educated ones. I noticed African Americans recently started traveling more so this might actually happen.

@911
Also, Ghana's diverse economy is growing steadily at a good rate for a while now and their future looks brilliant because they are one of the economic miracles of Africa. In a joint venture with China, they are making Ghanian automobiles called Kantanka and exporting electric cars this year. Hurdaayoo, Africa weey duushey.

Kantanka-Cars-Ghana-Made-Cars-On-The-Rise-3.png

Ghana will emerge as the hottest tourist spot in West Africa, trust me.
They recently had an event in Ghana called Afrochella, and many Black American celebrities attended.

@AussieHustler

Strong democracy, growing economy, political stability and decent security.

Seems like they have a great future.

@Lukaku

Yep, while most of Africa are experiencing a brain drain of intellectuals and innovators and they are leaving for greener pastures, many well educated Ghanaians are returning to take advantage of the situation there. The Ghanaian government is also promoting to educated African Americans that Ghana is their ancestral home and they are welcome to return. Win/win situation for both.

Ghana schoolboy launches $13 million drive for Somali kids ... cedis or about $13 million for his cause by walking office to office collecting donations in Ghana.

Andrew Adansi-Bonnah is 11 and during his eight-week school holiday, he wants to raise 20 million Ghanaian cedis or about $13 million for his cause by walking office to office collecting donations in Ghana.

As international aid agencies scramble for donations for East Africa's famine victims, one multi-million-dollar fundraising drive has come from an unexpected source: a West African schoolboy.

Andrew Adansi-Bonnah is 11. And during his eight-week school holiday, he wants to raise 20 million Ghanaian cedis — or about $13 million — for his cause by walking office to office collecting donations in Ghana's capital, Accra.

Since starting the drive Aug. 1, he has collected about $6,500 in pledges for the fund he started after consulting with UNICEF and the U.N.'s World Food Program. His father, schoolteacher Samuel Adansi-Bonnah, donated his entire July salary of about $500.

Andrew said he was inspired by images of skeletal babies and stick-thin children he saw on television, which led him to name his campaign Save Somali Children from Hunger.

"There are hungry people in Ghana but our situation is not as desperate as the people of Somalia," said the skinny, soft-spoken boy.

The United Nations estimates more than 12 million people across East Africa need food aid because of a long-running drought that has sent more than 100,000 people fleeing to refugee camps. Somalia has been hit the hardest. U.S. officials estimate the famine has killed 29,000 children in the past three months.

The U.N. has yet to raise half of the $2.4 billion it has requested from donor countries. The U.N. says the famine is expected to spread to all regions of southern Somalia in the next four to six weeks unless more aid can be delivered.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44122412/...nches-million-drive-somali-kids/#.XLs1CnduJjo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending