Human evolution

Apollo

VIP
If nilotes are such good endurance runners why no gold medalists fron South Sudan?:hmm:

High elevation + high % Nilote ancestry seems to be the combination for producing the best long distance runners.

preview.png

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
If nilotes are such good endurance runners why no gold medalists fron South Sudan?:hmm:

Better question is why only East Africans dominate? Also, aren’t most Kenyans who win gold medals from the Rift Valley? Specifically the Kalenjin who are related to the Maasai, Turkana and Samburu who all have significant Nilo-Cushitic blood. Combine this with Ethiopian dominance and recently some Somali incursions and you have yourself a hypothesis :trumpsmirk:

Apollo

VIP
Better question is why only East Africans dominate? Also, aren’t most Kenyans who win gold medals from the Rift Valley? Specifically the Kalenjin who are related to the Maasai, Turkana and Samburu who all have significant Nilo-Cushitic blood. Combine this with Ethiopian dominance and recently some Somali incursions and you have yourself a hypothesis :trumpsmirk:

Somalia is located in the hot lowland areas. Not a good place to train for long distance running.

Mo Farah got lucky by being trained by Britain with lots of funds to help him train under the right circumstances (he often goes to Utah, USA). If he grew up in Somalia and tried to become an elite runner I doubt he would have made it due to local circumstances.

Interesting hypothesis.
Kalenjin dominate the most in long distance running.
East African bantus are also not good sprinters.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Somalia is located in the hot lowland areas. Not a good place to train for long distance running.

Mo Farah got lucky by being trained by Britain with lots of funds to help him train under the right circumstances (he often goes to Utah, USA). If he grew up in Somalia and tried to become an elite runner I doubt he would have made it due to local circumstances.

I don’t think high altitude living is the answer. Ethiopians and Kenyans carry none of the adaptations to highlands like the Tibetans or Andeans, like compensating for low oxygen to name one.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Do you guys really believe that humans didn't evolve from ape-like creatures? :mjlol:

I have an alternate theory from a more esoteric reading of the Quran but it’s not a huge leap of logic either. But to greatly sum it up I do think we “came” from apes in a morphological sense but the real creation of man refers to sentience.

Apollo

VIP
I truly dont believe it how can we evolve from those hideous things.

The difference is not that great. Loss of body hair, less muscle mass, upright posture, some facial tweaks, and a bigger brain.

Dolphins came from something that looked like Seals or Hippos and look at them now, completely different.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
I truly dont believe it how can we evolve from those hideous things.

7A6B5B51-718F-4DBE-B6AA-6B300D508145.jpeg

“We have decreed death among you, and We are not to be outdone. In that [death] We will change your likenesses and produce you in [forms] which you do not know.”

Sūrat al-Wāqiʻah 56:60–61

This to me essentially describes natural selection, of which, death is pivotal to the process. But allahu aʿlam, it isn’t of much importance in the hereafter.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
A bit of a tangent, but I wonder if that’s why East Africans excel at long distance running and West Africans at short distance running? Heidelbergensis has, like the Neanderthal, a stocky build suited for ambush hunting in the forest, only difference between them is a tropical forest and a temperate forest. The Heidelbergensis is even sometimes considered the immediate ancestor of the Neanderthal or pre-Neanderthal.

Endurance running however, is a trait suited for the Savannah like where Homo Sapiens first appeared and is a quintessentially human trait.
Makes sense since our proto nilo ancestors developed in the savannas

Ken Kaneki

Somalia needs the KGB
My mīdgo friend you can believe whatever you want do not come crying to me or try to persuade me.
Not really a response. Why do Neanderthal and various other Hominoid bones exist? Do you believe they are fake and that science is lying to you?

Ken Kaneki

Somalia needs the KGB
We come from divine creation what even the leader of a genetic institute in America believes. There is a missing link. There was divine intervention.Billiones who.follow Abrahamic religion believe the same so you are wrong haha
Ah, the classic God the Gaps approach. If we don’t know something it must point to God, if anything this argument diminishes God. What happens when the missing link is found? The argument you’re using has been used for various arguments including whether the earth is flat or spherical, if the moon reflects sunlight, and why there is day and night. As all of these questions were answered God’s role in is diminished.

View attachment 75318
“We have decreed death among you, and We are not to be outdone. In that [death] We will change your likenesses and produce you in [forms] which you do not know.”

This to me essentially describes natural selection, of which, death is pivotal to the process. But allahu aʿlam, it isn’t of much importance in the hereafter.
Most muslims and scholars reject the theory evolution.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
View attachment 75318

FWIW the continuation of this Sura is also very crucial to my understanding of Evolution as well, it continues

“And you have already known the first creation, so will you not remember? And have you seen that [seed] which you sow? Is it you who makes it grow, or are We the grower? If We willed, We could make it [dry] debris, and you would remain in wonder”

Sūrat al-Wāqiʻah 56:62–65

LUCA, the common ancestor of all life on earth was likely a single celled organism, and the “seed” here is obviously referring to reproduction, and what does male and female “seed” combined form? A single celled organism not much unlike the first life, the first creation. Inside our mothers womb we go through our stages of evolution sped up; first beginning as a single cell, then multi-cellular life, then something that looks like a fish, then something that looks like an amphibian, then we go through our mammalian stages until we finally arrive at something that looks like a baby. That alone would be good proof of evolution, and there’s so much more.

C3EEF0C7-B08D-4CA2-BCD6-7ADAC7028789.jpeg

Last edited:

Ken Kaneki

Somalia needs the KGB
FWIW the continuation of this Sura is also very crucial to my understanding of Evolution as well, it continues

And you have already known the first creation, so will you not remember? And have you seen that [seed] which you sow? Is it you who makes it grow, or are We the grower? If We willed, We could make it [dry] debris, and you would remain in wonder”

Sūrat al-Wāqiʻah 56:62–65

LUCA, the common ancestor of all life on earth was likely a single felled organism, and the “seed” here is obviously referring to reproduction, and what does male and female “seed” combined form? A single celled organism not much unlike the first life, the first creation. Inside our mothers womb we go through our stages of evolution sped up; first beginning as a single cell, then multi-cellular life, then something that looks like a fish, then something that looks like an amphibian, then we go through our mammalian stages until we finally arrive at something that looks like a baby. That alone would be good proof of evolution, and there’s so much more.
View attachment 75319
This is a serious reach

Trending

Latest posts