Huge NEWS: US think tank sides with Kenya over Somalia in maritime border row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
  • The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) says Somalia “misplayed its hand” by auctioning oil and gas exploration blocks in Indian Ocean waters also claimed by Kenya.
  • AEI said the move by President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo dents Somalia's reputation as an investment destination.

A Washington think-tank with influence inside the Trump administration is siding with Kenya in its maritime border dispute with Somalia.

In a statement on Thursday, the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) said the Somalia government had “misplayed its hand” by auctioning oil and gas exploration blocks in Indian Ocean waters, also claimed by Kenya.

AEI said the move by President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo dents Somalia's reputation as an investment destination.

“The sale while there is legal lack of clarity over the disputed sea shelf undermines Mogadishu’s already atrocious reputation for business climate. Nor does Somalia’s actions make sense while still dependent upon Amisom —and Kenya’s contribution to it— for basic security,” wrote AEI resident scholar Michael Rubin in a blog post.

“The Somalia government should know, that after decades of disaster, quick riches and short-term cash can come at a price too high to bear.”

Tukraq

VIP
Who cares about Michael Rubin:faysalwtf: you act like this is the government or something just a regular American citizen:ayaanswag: should I label my own thoughts as American think tank:siilaanyosmile: who care if he’s a billionaire doesn’t have anything to do with our politics, go ask Oprah and Kylie Jenner their oppinions on who their siding with since their billionaires too:mjlol:

Its not huge news, it just means Kenya is paying US think tanks, very common. Again there were no sales, especially in the 'disputed' waters. So :abuxyga:

Tukraq

VIP
America is declining anyways. China is the way to go.
This isn’t “America” saying this but just a citizen who’s a billionaire, it’s like say mark cuban giving his unneeded advice about a topic

Tukraq

VIP
Its not huge news, it just means Kenya is paying US think tanks, very common. Again there were no sales, especially in the 'disputed' waters. So :abuxyga:
It’s not even a think tank just micheal Rubin a nba owner(sixers):mjlol: which is why I used the mark cuban example, how is he a “think tank” :drakelaugh:tell him to go worry about paying meek mills lawyers and get Somalia’s name out his damn mouth:lolbron:

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
This isn’t “America” saying this but just a citizen who’s a billionaire, it’s like say mark cuban giving his unneeded advice about a topic
I’m tried and didn’t read that, but who cares about some Americans opinion. I want Somalia to have all that oil money.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
  • The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) says Somalia “misplayed its hand” by auctioning oil and gas exploration blocks in Indian Ocean waters also claimed by Kenya.
  • AEI said the move by President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo dents Somalia's reputation as an investment destination.
A Washington think-tank with influence inside the Trump administration is siding with Kenya in its maritime border dispute with Somalia.

In a statement on Thursday, the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) said the Somalia government had “misplayed its hand” by auctioning oil and gas exploration blocks in Indian Ocean waters, also claimed by Kenya.

AEI said the move by President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo dents Somalia's reputation as an investment destination.

“The sale while there is legal lack of clarity over the disputed sea shelf undermines Mogadishu’s already atrocious reputation for business climate. Nor does Somalia’s actions make sense while still dependent upon Amisom —and Kenya’s contribution to it— for basic security,” wrote AEI resident scholar Michael Rubin in a blog post.

“The Somalia government should know, that after decades of disaster, quick riches and short-term cash can come at a price too high to bear.”
My think tank says Kenya misplayed its hand claiming Somali territorial waters:mjlol:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
HUGE NEWS kulaha

Your uqdad got you hyping a Zionist pig paid by Jeegaan & now Kikuyu

Fucking moron
The way you negatively respond to almost everyone around here makes me think that you're sad angry little man. Naclad kugu dhacday.

The way you negatively respond to almost everyone around here makes me think that you're sad angry little man. Naclad kugu dhacday.

That naclad will come flying back on ur uqdad ridden head enjoy it you rat

You & your fellow rats will get nothing but negative 4 aslong as you are anti Somalia

Hop along motherfucker

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Somalia never auctioned off those disputed areas and does not plan to until the ruling of the court is clear, so this tells me that there's a hidden agenda behind this so called think-tank report. Don't worry sxb, xaq belongs to those who are patient and Somalia is not worried about this case, peace and love :icon e biggrin:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Kenya keeps wanting to make accusations not based in reality.
Just let it go Kikyus, and prepare to send your people because we will need alot of chefs, drivers and maids:hillarybiz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts