How would you prepare your country for natural disasters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about how most first world countries struggle to handle natural disasters that have been occurring for decades now (some even for centuries) and yet the response is not as fast as it should be or in trump's case there is a lack of care for one's own citizens. What about wealth countries like dubai? should they be spending money frivolously on flying police vehicles or on preparation for the inevitable deterioration of the climate?

I would increase spending on national disaster alerts so that every citizen can be alerted of the impending catastrophe. I mean why do we have satellites if they can't detect heat! many ppl died in their homes and burn in california.

I have never heard of any natural disasters happening in Africa. I think we are very blessed in that regard.
Right! only damn famines and droughts have to ruin it. Realistically if push comes to shove and sea levels rise all africans can move into the center of africa where it rains in abundance.

Right! only damn famines and droughts have to ruin it. Realistically if push comes to shove and sea levels rise all africans can move into the center of africa where it rains in abundance.

I was just researching a bit, turns out flooding and landslides are also a huge issue.

"The 2018 East Africa Floods are an ongoing natural disaster in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Somalia, Djibouti and Burundi affecting millions of people. They began when excessive rains began falling in March 2018 following a year of severe drought and are still ongoing as of June 2018, leading to massive flooding, landslides, and the failure and overflow of several dams...Nearly 500 people have lost their lives while hundreds of thousands of others have been displaced."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_East_Africa_floods

We could definitely use precautions, and people need to stop building homes near rivers. Roads also cause huge problems for those living in lowland areas. Better urban planning, with proper water drainage systems is essential.

Last edited:
Somalia besides drought and famine dont face much natural disasters we have few cyclones hit the north which for the most part arent strong and tsunamis.

Most deadliest are the 2004 indian ocean tsunami that reached all the way to Somalias coast and 2013 cyclone which was the deadliest cyclone in Somalias history both affected Puntland the most.

Best way to prevent casualties would be to be prepared in time and in form the villages and rural areas in time so they can reach higher ground against tsunamis, raise awareness and act accordingly to cyclone affected parts of the country.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I was just thinking about how most first world countries struggle to handle natural disasters that have been occurring for decades now (some even for centuries) and yet the response is not as fast as it should be or in trump's case there is a lack of care for one's own citizens. What about wealth countries like dubai? should they be spending money frivolously on flying police vehicles or on preparation for the inevitable deterioration of the climate?

I would increase spending on national disaster alerts so that every citizen can be alerted of the impending catastrophe. I mean why do we have satellites if they can't detect heat! many ppl died in their homes and burn in california.

Nope. We r not going to control natural disaster. Sh!t happens. Califonians are burning because of their Godlessness

Somalia besides drought and famine dont face much natural disasters we have few cyclones hit the north which for the most part arent strong and tsunamis.

Most deadliest are the 2004 indian ocean tsunami that reached all the way to Somalias coast and 2013 cyclone which was the deadliest cyclone in Somalias history both affected Puntland the most.

Best way to prevent casualties would be to be prepared in time and in form the villages and rural areas in time so they can reach higher ground against tsunamis, raise awareness and act accordingly to cyclone affected parts of the country.
Droughts kill more people than any hurricane or landslide. We need to work on building dams to store rainwater.

Drought and irregular weather is the main reason why sub-saharan africans didn't settle permanently in one place, and therefore couldn't create a great civilization like in the north.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts