How will you spend your old age, will you ever return?

How will you spend your final days?

• Retirement home

• Go back to the motherland

• Other options

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suave

Bonnie & Clyde <3
This thread is basically inspired by a convo I overheard.

So how are you gonna spend your old age? We have a lot of time but one day you will be weak & old. As I have observed somalis don't see retirement home as an option. Why?

You can't count on your children to take care of you, I personally know an elderly couple with 6 children who live in a retirement home. :manny:

I would hope that Allah blesses me with children so that they could be kind and dutiful to me when I grow old and look after me..the same way I looked after them when they were young..I think generally speaking, when somali parents get old..most of them..desire to move back home

Suave

Bonnie & Clyde <3
I would hope that Allah blesses me with children so that they could be kind and dutiful to me when I grow old and look after me..the same way I looked after them when they were young..I think generally speaking, when somali parents get old..most of them..desire to move back home

The only thing I worry about is that I don't want to be burden on anyone. As long as I can live independently I will do it, after that send me to the retirement home. :mjhaps:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I will retire back home so I can die and be buried in the ciid that millennia of my ancestors were buried in.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I already have two of my own kids, I am never gonna end up in retirement and I am hoping to bread as much more kids as I can so I don’t end up in a danm retirement home like white folks:siilaanyolaugh:.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
In the west, elders are seen as burdens on society but in Somalia, they are given the highest respect. I must go home if I wish to keep my dignity.

Suave

Bonnie & Clyde <3
I already have two of my own kids, I am never gonna end up in retirement and I am hoping to bread as much more kids as I can so I don’t end up in a danm retirement home like white folks:siilaanyolaugh:.

It not about quantity, if you treat your children well. They will sure repay you.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Living in a retirement home whilst your children are alive and healthy is a curse
Boy that shit look kind of fun. I interviewed an old ww2 vet. Him and his homeboys would just chill together. Play all types of games and just relax.

But older wise I was considering teaching the skills that I acquired over my life to other people

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
What a wise comment. :mjkkk:

and i hope Suave is wise too Sheikh. Suave has a wisdom tool such as the example of a person who has 6 children and yet is in a home. Maybe the retirement home is better for this person, because the six kids would have abused her.

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
and i hope Suave is wise too Sheikh. Suave has a wisdom tool such as the example of a person who has 6 children and yet is in a home. Maybe the retirement home is better for this person, because the six kids would have abused her.

Very true Basra. She need better care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending