How were your grandparents like

my great grandad lived in el buur at the time and owned a small farm with some goats and horses. '
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
some dervish took his horses and returned em later with some missing:mjlol:
think that might've had something to do with my grandad later moving to hobyo to live with some family :pachah1:

I don't focus much on my grandparents history but my paternal grandmother grew up in a religious family (her dad was a Sheikh) and my maternal grandmother was an educated women.

I only met my awoowe father side once , and the only thing I remember is him smacking me in the back of the head ( I was 5) for not finishing the hilib and being soft

tenor.gif

I wish I met my ayeeyos
or my other awoowe, I heard he was nice .

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Paternal grandad was a religious man who studied in Cairo and Harar. My paternal grandma is still alive and kicking in Dire Dawa Alhamdulillah.

Maternal grandad was a true northerner known for his many horses and camels. His name is very recognisable in Sanaag today. Maternal grandma passed away when my mum was really young so I’ve only heard stories from relatives.

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
My paternal grand father died just after I was born. In his death bed, he did not specify how the wealth should be redistributed between his 10 sons instead he said give a camel called “ina bluug” to Hassan. He remembered me before his sons. For those who were making fun of my mahat last name, he gave me that name because as he said “I brought joy to him” I will always love you grandpa. He is buried in the outskirts of jigjiga.