How well do you know your extended family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent the past hour talking to a first cousin I never knew existed. I only heard of most of her siblings through contact on Facebook. Their mother is the aunt who raised me from 0-4 years old but she never brings up her kids when we talk, only her eldest son who I've been in contact with for years. I have also have nieces and nephews I've never heard of and it's embarrassing asking them who they are when they track me down because they love me yet I don't know who they are. We have a big family and it's so hard to know who everyone is.

way too many to count, it's safe to say that I probably haven't even met 1/3 of them :cosbyhmm: I only really know the ones in my city.

We each other on insta/snapchat but that's where it ends. I'd like to visit them all sometime in the future though.

Last edited:
So it's not just me then? People in Somalia know everyone, even 4th cousins and their kids. I felt like a bad person for not knowing them. My fmaily is huge mashallah, but I only really know the ones in the West or the ones I stayed with in Nairobi.

So it's not just me then? People in Somalia know everyone, even 4th cousins and their kids. I felt like a bad person for not knowing them. My fmaily is huge mashallah, but I only really know the ones in the West or the ones I stayed with in Nairobi.
Family doesnt mean much to a lot of people to them your just another million of their relatives. I even have female cousins near my age that live in the same city that never visit never call and I havent talked to them in ages.

I'll be first to admit outside of nuclear family, its not important to me.

Family doesnt mean much to a lot of people to them your just another million of their relatives. I have female cousins near my age that live in the same city that never visit never call and I havent talked to them in ages

Wow I thought I was bad for not visiting my cousins kids who live near me. My parents are really close to our cousins so they track us down because they love our parents who looked after them and sent them money etc.

Wow I thought I was bad for not visiting my cousins kids who live near me. My parents are really close to our cousins so they track us down because they love our parents who looked after them and sent them money etc.

Yeah I feel cold hearted sometimes.

I think first cousins are in the 100s. Second and third, Allah knows how many. Almost all Somalis I know are the same which is why I think this 9 million total Somalis figure is bs.

I think first cousins are in the 100s. Second and third, Allah knows how many. Almost all Somalis I know are the same which is why I think this 9 million total Somalis figure is bs.

I have cousins who have 50 siblings from their dad so I agree, this figure is bullshit.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
my first cousins would definitely be in the hundreds,im only close with the ones that live in australia,the rest shaqo iss kuma lihini

World

VIP
Somali total figure is like 25 million around the world.

World

VIP
I have like 50 first cousins, only 3 of them live in the same country as me. I keep in touch with those 3 and like 2 others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending