How To Wear A Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I hit the dancefloor. I knew I had to get back in the clubbing scene this Weekend. Too much piety is not good for the soul. I put my tusbax down, rubbed my prayer bump, and got ready to touch skimpily dressed cadaan girls where the clerics told me not to.

People underestimate my salsa moves. They think if you're middle age you have no game. I knew I had to set the record straight. So I called up Abdisamed and Sharmarke and said "Let's roll". Abdisamed told me he'd love to see me relive my salad days, but that he was down with a bad case of osteoporosis. A pity 'cause Abdi really knows how to make groping look like just another regular dance move.

It was only me and Sharmarke for the night. The nightclub we strolled into was so hot it felt like I was breakdancing in jahannam, beads of sweat running down my buttcrack. I got a couple of digits, but I suspect one is fake. As for the brunette who gave me a real one, I noticed she only worked up interest in me when I told her how much my Rolex was worth. I'm not rich enough for her to be a gold digger. She will only be digging up silver.

I ran into a couple of Somali guys who were dressed to the nines. Or so they thought anyway. I've never seen a more goofy looking pair in my life, and I've seen it all in my long life on God's green and pleasant earth.

Why do Somali guys always rock ill tailored suits? They've got no dress sense. Wallahi I suffer a cardiac arrest whenever I see these Borat lookalikes with their hand-me-downs at my local wine bar hitting on fake blondes with nothing stronger to steady their nerves than a glass of orange juice. It's always oversized or poorly fitted or the colour coordination is way off like a pint of caano geel well passed its sell by date.

You know it's the first time the qaxooti is wearing a suit just by clapping your eyes on him. I've never seen a guy attired in a suit repping the community well. They've got no swag, no style, no mojo. A bunch of sartorial incompetents. I'm never going back to that club again. I'm writing a style guide for Somalis called How To Wear A Suit. I will post it on SSpot. Look out for it folks.

VixR

Veritas
My dad wears suits daily.

Every. Single. Day.

Even in retirement and around casual settings with friends and family. He's the only one old Somali I've seen who does this. If he's not in a full suit, he's in suit pants and argyle sweaters, like this:
argylework2-1-1.jpg

And when he isn't in suit pants, when he's at home, he's in the sarongs with sweaters like the above. I've never in my life seen him in jeans, sweatpants, t-shirts, jerseys, etc, or anything remotely casual, except Somali sarongs.

Every. Single. Day.

Even in retirement and around casual settings with friends and family. He's the only one old Somali I've seen who does this. If he's not in a full suit, he's in suit pants and argyle sweaters, like this:
argylework2-1-1.jpg

And when he isn't in suit pants, when he's at home, he's in the sarongs with sweaters like the above. I've never in my life seen him in jeans, sweatpants, t-shirts, jerseys, etc, or anything remotely casual, except Somali sarongs.
Respect to your dad for sporting the sarong. He sounds like the gents I chew the noble leaf with AKA jaad AKA the botanical blessing. I don't ever leave the house except in a macaawis these days. Somalis are not made for suits. We are known as the people of the two cloths. We have to return to the ways of our savage hut dwelling ancestors. Suits are a betrayal of this tradition.

I notice that you didn't say whether your dad is among the suit wearers who need my style guide or whether he's a snappy dresser. Very ominous.

VixR

Veritas
Respect to your dad for sporting the sarong. He sounds like the gents I chew the noble leaf with AKA jaad AKA the botanical blessing. I don't ever leave the house except in a macaawis these days. Somalis are not made for suits. We are known as the people of the two cloths. We have to return to the ways of our savage hut dwelling ancestors. Suits are a betrayal of this tradition.

I notice that you didn't say whether your dad is among the suit wearers who need my style guide or whether he's a snappy dresser. Very ominous.
My father chewing khat:damn:, lol god forbid. Nah. He doesn't leave the house in sarong either. That's just sloppy imo. It just occured to me, when he's in the dress shirt, sweater and sarong, all he has to do to be proper is change into his suit bottoms, and a once-over.

My dad uses oldschool words like, "well-groomed" :icon lol:

My father chewing khat:damn:, lol god forbid. Nah. He doesn't leave the house in sarong either. That's just sloppy imo. It just occured to me, when he's in the dress shirt, sweater and sarong, all he has to do to be proper is change his suit bottoms and a once-over.
No I was asking if his suit fits him or not. Am seeing way too many ill fitting gear on qaxootis.

What's wrong with sauntering into your grocery store in your macaawis? You think we're ashamed of Somalinimo like you? Naah, I keep it real.

VixR

Veritas
No I was asking if his suit fits him or not. Am seeing way too many ill fitting gear on qaxootis.

What's wrong with sauntering into your grocery store in your macaawis? You think we're ashamed of Somalinimo like you? Naah, I keep it real.

I see it as homewear. There are certain Somali women's clothing that can be elegantly suitable for outside (and others that just aren't), but the sarong just isn't. It's like the equivalent to pjs. Something you wear at home for comfort in your waking hours, but not outside, unless you're sloppy.

I see it as homewear. There are certain Somali women's clothing that can be elegantly suitable for outside (and others that just aren't), but the sarong just isn't. It's like the equivalent to pjs. Something you wear at home for comfort in your waking hours, but not outside, unless you're sloppy.
I got a fat chick's number once whilst in my bedsheet aka sarong. Clearly she didn't think I was sloppy. Best thing of all is you don't need to fiddle with zips and buttons. You just whip it right off if she's down to sin with you. Matter of fact I was afraid it might slip off as I was talking to her. Never called her though. Didn't want to reinforce the black-guy-fat-white-woman stereotype. Also, it would take a lot of bedroom work to satisfy all that baruur. It's enough to make a guy asthmatic. My stamina is not what it used to be any more.

It's been a while since I hit the dancefloor. I knew I had to get back in the clubbing scene this Weekend. Too much piety is not good for the soul. I put my tusbax down, rubbed my prayer bump, and got ready to touch skimpily dressed cadaan girls where the clerics told me not to.

People underestimate my salsa moves. They think if you're middle age you have no game. I knew I had to set the record straight. So I called up Abdisamed and Sharmarke and said "Let's roll". Abdisamed told me he'd love to see me relive my salad days, but that he was down with a bad case of osteoporosis. A pity 'cause Abdi really knows how to make groping look like just another regular dance move.

It was only me and Sharmarke for the night. The nightclub we strolled into was so hot it felt like I was breakdancing in jahannam, beads of sweat running down my buttcrack. I got a couple of digits, but I suspect one is fake. As for the brunette who gave me a real one, I noticed she only worked up interest in me when I told her how much my Rolex was worth. I'm not rich enough for her to be a gold digger. She will only be digging up silver.

I ran into a couple of Somali guys who were dressed to the nines. Or so they thought anyway. I've never seen a more goofy looking pair in my life, and I've seen it all in my long life on God's green and pleasant earth.

Why do Somali guys always rock ill tailored suits? They've got no dress sense. Wallahi I suffer a cardiac arrest whenever I see these Borat lookalikes with their hand-me-downs at my local wine bar hitting on fake blondes with nothing stronger to steady their nerves than a glass of orange juice. It's always oversized or poorly fitted or the colour coordination is way off like a pint of caano geel well passed its sell by date.

You know it's the first time the qaxooti is wearing a suit just by clapping your eyes on him. I've never seen a guy attired in a suit repping the community well. They've got no swag, no style, no mojo. A bunch of sartorial incompetents. I'm never going back to that club again. I'm writing a style guide for Somalis called How To Wear A Suit. I will post it on SSpot. Look out for it folks.
Sxb you have a way with words. Your posts always intrigue me. Keep it up.

Sxb you have a way with words. Your posts always intrigue me. Keep it up.
You shouldn't be intrigued. You should be embarrassed for the FOBs trying to look like Pimps. One of the guys in the club was even wearing a purple suit. Why are geeljires such bad dressers?

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland

Every. Single. Day.

argylework2-1-1.jpg

What about in the Summer?:cosbyhmm:
What was his occupation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending