How to improve my somali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a bit of a random question but hope you guys might provide some useful information. The thing is that I don't speak somali that well and since I'm in my early twenties I feel that I probably have to take my mother tongue more seriously or I'm gonna end up 40 years old and speak somali like a child

I went to Somalia this summer for the very first time in my life and have since then had a burning desire to improve my verbal and written Somali. Since I've figured that immersion is the best way to go, I will probably spend the next summer in Somalia and try to spend a bit of that time in badiyaha as I guess that's probably were I will learn best somali in shortest time possible

But It's still a year till next summer so I was wondering if you have some tips to improve my command of the somali language?

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Maybe a bit of a random question but hope you guys might provide some useful information. The thing is that I don't speak somali that well and since I'm in my early twenties I feel that I probably have to take my mother tongue more seriously or I'm gonna end up 40 years old and speak somali like a child

I went to Somalia this summer for the very first time in my life and have since then had a burning desire to improve my verbal and written Somali. Since I've figured that immersion is the best way to go, I will probably spend the next summer in Somalia and try to spend a bit of that time in badiyaha as I guess that's probably were I will learn best somali in shortest time possible

But It's still a year till next summer so I was wondering if you have some tips to improve my command of the somali language?
Watch Universal and all other Somali TV channels. Speak Somali to every Somali person you meet even if they know English. That should help saxiib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts