How to help someone with depression?

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I have a relative back home I found out he has depression he even have had thoughts about suicide what advice should I give him???

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
There's not much you can do except get him professional help. When you say back home I'm thinking a dry desert with rocks everywhere and the largest trees are brittle bushes? I'd be depressed too.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
There's not much you can do except get him professional help. When you say back home I'm thinking a dry desert with rocks everywhere and the largest trees are brittle bushes? I'd be depressed too.
there's no professional help back home

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
there's no professional help back home
You'd be surprised to find out they do exist. You can google them, they are diaspora people who set up shop and work with local orgs. I'm talking of therapists etc.

This is how I think about suicide, when u kill yourself you do it to end whatever suffering you think you’re in but ask yourself “Am I going to a better place?” NO.
I will be headed to a much worse place with worse pain and unimaginable suffering, the loneliness and abandonment i felt in this world will be nothing compared to the loneliness, hopelessness and abandonment I’ll feel in the hereafter. It will be worse.

What is worse than being abandoned by your lord?

Your life is not yours to take, you didn’t bring yourself here. It’s a debt and the owner will come to take it when he deems the right time but rather live searching for the truth and dying upon it.

In my opinion, occupying yourself and freeing your mind from your negative and depressive thoughts helps a ton. I usually do that by immersing myself in a hobby. For me, I like to play and watch sports. When I’m depressed I’ll watch more games and play more pickup football and basketball. It’s a double positive because you occupy your mind with other non depressive thoughts and the endorphins you get from sports and exercise makes you feel good about yourself

Trending