How to get closer to Allah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please share your stories and advice. I’ve been sinning mindlessly for too long. How do I return to Allah and make it so I never stray from his path again?

Why can’t I start praying? I do believe but I don’t pray. I’m very confused. I think this is at the root of all my problems.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
As Salamu Alaykum
I was just like you two years ago i was lazy and only had the intention of praying during ramadan and than stop. However i went on islamqa and read about the hypocrisy in only praying when is the holy month and than stopping is like as if your cheating allah when you obviously cant. Suddnely after reading islamqa perspective i changed my ways becaus ei thought to myself i couldnt cheat on allah nor could i have disrespect him by not praying my salah since he created me and bought me into this world when i knew nothing.

Think about ALL the blessings Allah (swa) has given you without you being aware and all the times he has cured you from your illness and saved you from harm. Start by reading on the importance of praying your fives a time day salah and the severe punishment by not praying. How hard is it to pray fajr zuhr asr maghrib and isha each 3 to 4 minutes instead of wasting time doing nothing beneficial in Allah site. The immense reward you will get not only in this world by pleasing Allah but also the after life. Remember life is very short and time is moving quick next thing you will know you will be in your grave with no goign back THATS IT all alone being judged. I hope i helped i will link you to islamqa and importance of prayer
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/12305/the-importance-of-prayer

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Sometimes stress and anxiety can make someone forget to pray.
I was stressed with a lot of things from my final year of university and being severely ill yet that still did not make me give up on my prayers in the slightest.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
I was stressed with a lot of things from my final year of university and being severely ill yet that still did not make me give up on my prayers in the slightest.
Different people and different experiences.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Different people and different experiences.
undertand but that still doenst give an excuse to give up your prayers. Think about how many people are suffering severely yet still pray their daily prayers?

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Sometimes stress and anxiety can make someone forget to pray.
Yeah or depression.

Op, start small, don't try to do too much at once.

Attend tomorrow's jummah prayer if you can.

Try boosting your iman by reading the Quran(translation) from the beginning to the end.

With salat you literally just have to do it. There’s no thinking because than you’ll procrastinate and make excuses. I like to do the 54321 trick where I count backwards from 5 and get up for fajr. Or whenever I’m feeling lazy.

Also keep wayso because that’s half the battle. Make it a thing to do it whenever you use the bathroom.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Why don't you pray? Do you procrastinate or have you just never had a consistent prayer schedule or do you just always miss your prayers?

Death is my biggest reminder. Tbh, if you think about, whether you're muslim, hindu, christian or jew, we're all going to die.

I was listening to a lecture, the Ustadh was basically saying that the ONLY thing you will take in the grave are your good deeds. Sooo the only this that matter are your goods deeds.

Tbh, ilahi is even asking us for much. You should the stories of the anbiya. They sacrificed sooo much. We are asked to do the bare minimum.

May Allah make it easy for you and all of us !!

I used to sin: name it all. But now I pray 5 times a day. To be honest I do miss fajr sometimes but I make it up and pray the remaining salah on time. Insha Allah I will be going to hajj this year. Please keep me in your prayers and Insha Allah May Allah reward you. Ameen

Asc,
honestly your question is pretty hard to answer but In sha Allah I try.
First some ground rules to getting closer to Allah. You have to realize that everything you do is because of the mercy Allah swt. Allah says that he is closer to you than your own “jugular vein” that means he’s always near. Also you have to realize that praying regularly is gift from God, it’s not you who can’t prayer it’s Allah who won’t let you worship him. Now why is Allah doing this? Wallahi you need to look at your life and the choices you make everyday. Because if Allah is angry at you, subahanallah. He’s not giving you the gift of worshiping him. To get closer to Allah you haft to make him you primarily focus on everything you do and keep it that way, in sha Allah, by always reminding yourself of his existence. Just start with reading Quran on a daily (even just one ayat) or listening to Quran. Just a side note: I read a Hadith by Bukhari were it said that no one will enter Jannah by their deeds, so the ashab of the prophet asked him, not even you ya rassullullah? And he said, not even me. You will only enter Jannah by the mercy of Allah swt.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
Please share your stories and advice. I’ve been sinning mindlessly for too long. How do I return to Allah and make it so I never stray from his path again?

Why can’t I start praying? I do believe but I don’t pray. I’m very confused. I think this is at the root of all my problems.

This is a common issue affecting muslims around the world and you are not alone in this regard. People pray but they dont know why they pray. Or when they pray they dont feel anything. It sometimes feels like a chore and over time you lose morale. I recommend you to learn the basic meaning of the surahs and dua you recite in English that way when you recite them you will understand the meaning.

Also we should know why we pray to Allah. Allah doesn't need us to pray for him but rather we need Allah to pray to him. The 5 prayers are a blessing to us. A well known narration is that during the night of ascension the prayers were meant to be 50 but the prophet asked for it to be lowered again and again until it was down to 5.

Anas said: "The prayer was made obligatory to the Prophet the night of ascension to the number 50, and his number was lowered to 5, then God said," O Muhammad, I do not change word, you 5 to get these rewards 50 "". (Hadith narrated by Ahmad, An-Nasai, Tirmidhi who authenticated it).

Imagine that the 5 prayers are equivalent to 50 prayers. This is a great mercy and blessing bestowed to us from Allah. The first way to get closer to allah is to establish your obligations which would be the 5 pillars. Another way to get close to Allah is by loving his messenger and in order to love Allah's messenger we must first learn about his biography (seerah). A good series to watch would be yasir qadhis seerah of the prophet which could be found on YouTube.

Ugaaso

Deni

Try praying 30days straight without skipping one salat, it will eventually become a habit. Inshallah this will bring you closer to Allah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts