How to dispose of haraam money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend who alhamdullilah reverted before he passed away has apparently left me some money.

However due to the way he got the money being haraam. Do I have to dispose of this money and if yes how?

Can I give to the building of a masjid or is that haraam?

Don't be baqil with it

If you have no concrete knowledge that it's haram then don't ask any questions
Assume the best of your brother If he has any muslim relatives then they get inheritance

If you know for facts that it's haram or he has no muslim relatives then feed whoever with it or fulfill needs with it

My friend who alhamdullilah reverted before he passed away has apparently left me some money.

However due to the way he got the money being haraam. Do I have to dispose of this money and if yes how?

Build a well in your motherland for the needy.

Last edited:
Bring an authentic hadith or something.
(Sahih International)
Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful.

-Sura Al-Isra', Ayah 27

Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said:

"Be conscious of Allah wherever you are. Follow the bad deed with a good one to erase it, and engage others with beautiful character

You don't waste money and burn it simply because it might be haram. You simply give it to where it's needed

Bring an authentic hadith or something.
https://islamqa.info/en/78289

When a person repents to Allaah from doing haraam work, from which he has acquired wealth, such as payment for singing, bribes, payment for fortunetelling or bearing false witness, payment for recording riba and other kinds of haraam work, if he has disposed of that wealth, he does not have to do anything. But if the wealth is still in his possession, then he must get rid of it by spending it on charitable causes, unless he is in need, in which case he may take only as much as he needs, and he should get rid of the rest. He is not allowed to use it for Hajj, because Allaah is Good and only accepts that which is good.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: If someone else gives him a haraam payment and he accepts it, such as a prostitute, singer, wine seller, one who bears false witness and the like, then he repents and that payment is in his possession, then according to one group (of scholars) he must return it to its owner, because it belongs to him and he did not take it with the permission of the Lawgiver and the one who gave it did not get any permissible benefit in exchange for it. Another group said that his repentance means that he must give it in charity, and not give it to the one from whom he took it. This is the view favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and it is the more correct of the two views. End quote from Madaarij al-Saalikeen(1/389)

Ibn al-Qayyim discussed this matter at length in Zaad al-Ma’aad(5/778), where he stated that the way to get rid of this wealth and complete one's repentance can only be by “giving it in charity, but if he is in need of it, he may take as much as he needs, and give the rest in charity.” End quote.

Do-I-Look-Somali

Make me some Cambulo tonight.

Spend it on charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts