How to deal w/ whiny complainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up to my wits end. For some reason I'm the go to guy for this person and they complain about everything. Literally everything.

How do I get them to stop?

I've tried ignoring, but she just drone on.
I've tried cutting her off and changing the subject, but she manage to find something else to complain about. Nothing works.

Also I can't just leave because I work with her. I have to be around her all day.

inb4 stop complaining

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Zone out when she speaks.

Work sucks. Figure out a way to make money/pay bills without working then pm the answer. :samwelcome:

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
:snoop: shes female why dont you do it the good ol fashioned manhandling? I assume shes not a family.

If shes coming to complain without asking a tangible solution, it seems to me she put you deep in the sxb zone. which is very difficult to manuever around.

I never seen a emotionaly satisfied female complain. my advice would be to satisfy her physically if you couldnt do it mentally.

Just tell her you're going through serious, personal matters at the moment and can't handle other stress. Use that for as long as you need.
Or jokingly tell her you ain't a damn therapist :heh:
Or be blunt and tell her you're not a fan of buuq iyo qaaylo :stopit:

@John Michael I've tried that once. But she always asks questions.then complains some more when she realises I wasn't listening fml

@El padrone male touch a female in the workplace?! That's a quick trip to the police station and/or gallows. About the friendzone thing, I don't consider her a friend, we don't have any mutual friends and don't hang out with her outside of work so idk man. And the physically satisfy thing. No thank you, I don't think I could even get it up for her lmao

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
You have three options

1. Annoy her - interrupt her, do stuff she doesn't like, etc. Those have to be minor tho so she can't report you to HR.
2. Snitch her on your boss. Say she is affecting your concentration and you do not want to upset her. (do it in politely)
3. Upfront with her. Tell her as much as she is a nice person, you just want some alone time.

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
@John Michael I've tried that once. But she always asks questions.then complains some more when she realises I wasn't listening fml

@El padrone male touch a female in the workplace?! That's a quick trip to the police station and/or gallows. About the friendzone thing, I don't consider her a friend, we don't have any mutual friends and don't hang out with her outside of work so idk man. And the physically satisfy thing. No thank you, I don't think I could even get it up for her lmao
Daaamn im afraid we have a crazy in our hands. Okay lemme put my business degree into good use for once, this type of stuff came up in my HR class at my uni. iirc correctly you cud approach ur HR department and file anon complaint about her and they will tell her to keel her stuff into herself without tellin her the reason. she will def stop approachin ppl with non job related complaints.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
I have this rule called the 5% rule at work. I never disclose information and put more than 5% effort into my coworkers. So if my coworkers won't shut the hell up about something or wants to know every detail about my life, I sternly yet politely tell them I don't like talking about my personal life and don't want to hear about theirs. Once you put your foot down once, and the awkwardness in the air finally evaporates, you'll notice they'll leave you alone and take their rambling elsewhere. And if they continue on for some reason, I give the most daunting poker face and yawn + turn away until they shut the hell up. If they take it personally who cares Walahi, I refuse to let myself be mentally occupied about someone else's bullshit. Life's too short for all of that.

I'm up to my wits end. For some reason I'm the go to guy for this person and they complain about everything. Literally everything.

How do I get them to stop?

I've tried ignoring, but she just drone on.
I've tried cutting her off and changing the subject, but she manage to find something else to complain about. Nothing works.

Also I can't just leave because I work with her. I have to be around her all day.

inb4 stop complaining

Find out what that is and address it. Do whatever your other coworkers are doing to keep her complaints at bay and she will find a new target or change her behaviour.

Horta you fked up by being friends with a female.:mugshotman:
Most will either use you to about their life,bf,gossip, or try to use you and unconsciously feminize you. Look at all males who befriend lots of chicks, they're either gay or act it.:ohhhdamn:
Look at tupac before and after cutting off female friends.
Best way to deal with it is to be straight up and genuine.:gaasdrink:
My palestinian friend used to complain alot until I kept on complaining about him complaining.
That shit was depressing and draining, if he hadn't stopped I was gonna cut him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending